Joined Nov 17, 2003
i wrote those lines to ridicule the vanity in the attempt these ppl make in
trying to fool us.
engineers are the most intelligent and rational of all human beings.:cool:
cheers!
Agreed - I like gushing! :D

while we try understanding concepts nanotech ppl in market are busy finding
pyramids(marketing) for disposal of their coffins after being shot back:D
Aren't pyramids a dangerous concept in marketing? (And I'm not referring to the act of shooting! :D)

Dave

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
Aren't pyramids a dangerous concept in marketing? (And I'm not referring to the act of shooting! :D)

Dave
thats was an intended pun.

new controversial statement a small one though.

something that actually infuriated me about these subjects was reading applied humanities a few years back.social sciences are worse than economics.

and look at the bold statement they made.

all the industrial developments , structures ,....(they wrote much more cant remember) have only been possible thru applied humanities an social sciences
and the technicians and engineers not to forget the hard working labor
were just audiences when these people were using there knowledge to make them possible.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
so starting tomorrow there wont be any moderators and admins left alive?
I'll be okay, I'm just a lowly electrician. Nobody shoots us.:D

What really surprises me is that so many folk continue to succumb to old marketing tactics. I would think this consumer-driven economy would have collapsed under its own weight by now - the circus has been playing more than 80 years. How much longer can this grand perpetual motion scheme continue to feed itself before the oroborus vanishes down it's own gut?

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
for me electricians,engineers,teachers doctors are all worthy of respect and dignity,
its those men in black mba good for nothing marketing ppl that i find unworthy,
they take all the credit for a good work done by the engineers and research teams. like politicians all new advances in technology (like say nuclear breeder reactors) are started by politicians ,like they even understand what breeding is.

about the marketing,
like i always say it is the very reason why good is better than the best.
they play with the mentality of common ppl.

next up more to be revealed abt airy supereconomic theories

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
What really surprises me is that so many folk continue to succumb to old marketing tactics. I would think this consumer-driven economy would have collapsed under its own weight by now - the circus has been playing more than 80 years. How much longer can this grand perpetual motion scheme continue to feed itself before the oroborus vanishes down it's own gut?
Do you not think this is something to do with ignorance of the satisfied? In other words, because people feel satisfied with what they have and believe that the ill effects will not affect them, that they remain ignorant and ill-informed. Its a generic idea that permeates throughout economic and political thinking.

Dave

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
for me electricians,engineers,teachers doctors are all worthy of respect and dignity,
its those men in black mba good for nothing marketing ppl that i find unworthy,
they take all the credit for a good work done by the engineers and research teams. like politicians all new advances in technology (like say nuclear breeder reactors) are started by politicians ,like they even understand what breeding is.

about the marketing,
like i always say it is the very reason why good is better than the best.
they play with the mentality of common ppl.

next up more to be revealed abt airy supereconomic theories
Agreed. I think it's time for a revolution! :D

Dave

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
who ever invented money deserves a knockout punch on the head, i believe that's where the conflict started.:p :p :rolleyes:

moz
you know sir,
thats just what i was thinking a few days before,
but then barter had some limitation;
like if a dam was to be built;or if somebody needed power what organized barter scheme wud it require, also globalisation wud have been really hard plus thinking about how someone wud have to carry his goods from one place to another,
money surely wud have taken one form or the other like written deed or something.

its surprising though, u are one of the ppl i keep referring to when i constantly apologize abt being indirectly and unintentionally rude to whilst criticizing the subject as u had a commerce background (i took some time reading the who r u thread couple of month ago)

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
ok !
lets clear one thing now;
i think all agree,
management is a powerful tool to earn profit in ways some might find low on ethical grounds.
my ideas abt the buzzwords and jargons will perhaps never change though.
moreover in one thread a warning was issued by one of the moderators(cant recall who) abt inventing something since companies leave no stones unturned in making the life of the inventor wretched .

i still have some principles of economics to discuss,
and have a lot to talk abt something called social science.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
like if a dam was to be built;or if somebody needed power what organized barter scheme wud it require, also globalisation wud have been really hard plus thinking about how someone wud have to carry his goods from one place to another,
money surely wud have taken one form or the other like written deed or something.
Given that you have recently looked at the academic subject of economics, I assume you came across the theory behind the meaning of money?

Dave

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
no!
i will tell u something funny , those ppl wud not use the term money 'coz that wud be too easy for others to understand , they wud often refer to it as credit/ capital cost/profit investment assets equity infact i dont remember using the word money even while answering the paper.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
no!
i will tell u something funny , those ppl wud not use the term money 'coz that wud be too easy for others to understand , they wud often refer to it as credit/ capital cost/profit investment assets equity infact i dont remember using the word money even while answering the paper.
Lol! Indeed that is the meaning of money. There is a lot of theory behind how it is the medium of exchange, and is a mechanism for comparative evalution. It's a part of the macro-economic part of the course.

Dave

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
joeyd999 Off-Topic 62
GetDeviceInfo Off-Topic 11