Draw a PCB diagram according to the schematic

Young2

Joined Dec 7, 2020
I have never drawn a PCB diagram by myself, and there are some basic questions I would like to ask. If I have a schematic, how to draw a PCB diagram according to the schematic.

图片1.png

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Enter the schematic in a schematic editor that also does PCB layouts. Place the components and route the connections. The PCB editor will be cross-referenced to the schematic so you can make sure the board matches the schematic.

Some PCB editors also have an autorouter. In my experience, the free programs don't route well. They'll do the easy routes and leave the most difficult for you to do manually.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Start by having an idea of where you want to place the physical components.
You can do this with real components, i.e. acquire all the components and lay them out on a sheet of paper.
Or you can do a virtual layout, i.e. draw on a sheet of paper the physical dimensions of the PCB and then draw where you want to place the components.

Next, transfer your component placement to the CAD layout after you have entered the schematic.
You can drag components in the CAD software and the program will maintain electrical connections with a "rats nest".

Once you have placed all your components you can either manually route each trace one at a time or you can let the auto-router do its thing. At any time you can relocate components and reroute as desired.

Young2

Joined Dec 7, 2020
Start by having an idea of where you want to place the physical components.
You can do this with real components, i.e. acquire all the components and lay them out on a sheet of paper.
Or you can do a virtual layout, i.e. draw on a sheet of paper the physical dimensions of the PCB and then draw where you want to place the components.

Next, transfer your component placement to the CAD layout after you have entered the schematic.
You can drag components in the CAD software and the program will maintain electrical connections with a "rats nest".

Once you have placed all your components you can either manually route each trace one at a time or you can let the auto-router do its thing. At any time you can relocate components and reroute as desired.
Maybe it would be better to have a circuit connection diagram?

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
I mean Altium Designer.
Altium is just a cad package,
there are many many packages,
same as there are many word processors,

The general ,as to how you use them, in your case taking a schematic to a PCB is the same , no matter if you use red and blue pens or a CAD tool,
There are a few tutorials as to how to generaly lay out , but these will not tell you detail about Altium

The details of how to drive each tool is going to be different,
if you have altium, then they have a good set of tutorials as to how to drive there tools,
but this will not tell you the general on how to lay out,