doubt in domestic current

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
No or less current because my body resistance is higher than that, May i know what is the resistance of body,approximately
That depends on a lot of factors, but the biggest factor is your skin resistance. But that, too, varies with conditions over a wide range.

Here's a little research project for you -- search the internet and report back with typical body resistances under a range of conditions.

bhuvanesh

Joined Aug 10, 2013
under dry condition our body is 100,000 ohm,but at wet or broken skin condition resistance is 1000 ohms ,but large electric current can break our skin and drop voltage down to 500ohm
what is broken skin ?

OBSERVATION:
what ever the body resistance may be .if the voltage is high it will reduce the resistance of our body by damaging resistive layer skin.
wood is perfect insulator ,does passing 500volt current make it conductor?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Where you are getting that wood is a perfect insulator?

Broken skin would be like a cut or puncture wound.

Also, if you are exposed to a voltage above about 600V or so, you will get punch through where an arc punches through the skin creating a low resistance path through it. That is why few electrical installations are above about 480V unless they really need to be.

If you get through the skin (say if you poke a needle into each wrist) then even a 9V battery has the potential to cause lethal currents across the chest cavity. This is why electrical safety is so critical in medical equipment.

bhuvanesh

Joined Aug 10, 2013
i am not native english speaker ,just common english question
"That is why few electrical installations are above about 480V unless they really need to be."

actually it should be

That is why few electrical installations are NOT above about 480V unless they really need to be.

because having higher than 480 cause arc punches through skin,so they make less than 480, isnt it?
but your statement looks to me like its not less than 480 unless we need it

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
i am not native english speaker ,just common english question
"That is why few electrical installations are above about 480V unless they really need to be."

actually it should be

That is why few electrical installations are NOT above about 480V unless they really need to be.

because having higher than 480 cause arc punches through skin,so they make less than 480, isnt it?
but your statement looks to me like its not less than 480 unless we need it
How about the statement: Few cars cost more than $100,000 unless they are rare and exotic.

bhuvanesh

Joined Aug 10, 2013
few cars cost more that $100,000 excpet if they are rare and exotic
few cars cost more that $100,0000000000 if they are rare and exotic

few electrical installations are above about 480V if they really need to be."(few elctrical installation are above 480 if it is necessary)
few electrical installations are above about 480V except if(unless) they really need to be."(few elctrical installation are above 480 if it is not necessary)

correct me please if i am wrong.Thank you

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
few cars cost more that $100,000 excpet if they are rare and exotic
This is a reasonable rephrasing. The words "except" and "unless" are roughly synonymous (mean the same thing).

few cars cost more that $100,0000000000 if they are rare and exotic
That statement has no grounding in the statement that was given.

few electrical installations are above about 480V if they really need to be."(few elctrical installation are above 480 if it is necessary)
This is NOT the case and does NOT follow from the statement I made. Most (if not all) installations that need to be above 480V are above 480V.

few electrical installations are above about 480V except if(unless) they really need to be."(few elctrical installation are above 480 if it is not necessary)
The statement "Few electrical installations are above 480V if it is not necessary" is a good rephrasing of "Few electrical installations are above 480V unless it is necessary."