Does the AC Controller device Exist?

pttp1715

Joined Feb 25, 2018
Does this device exist? Call it External switch Box- (ESB) it would plug into an AC outlet. AC powered device A (a TV controlled by remote plugs into the ESB. Also plugged into ESB is a stereo (no remote). This is device B. The ESB would allow when device A is switched on and off so is the power to device b.

pttp1715

Joined Feb 25, 2018
Hi Bertus,

Should have mentioned looking for a US source for this. You found just about what I was looking for except just wanted a Master and one slave arrangement. Needs to be inexpensive. Thanks for you quick response!

Phil

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
An issue you might have is that the stereo may not turn on when it’s power is restored. It may still require a button push. If you can unplug it and plug it back in and it’s still working, then your plan should work.

pttp1715

Joined Feb 25, 2018
An issue you might have is that the stereo may not turn on when it’s power is restored. It may still require a button push. If you can unplug it and plug it back in and it’s still working, then your plan should work.
thanks for the checkpoint! I tried unplug/replug and it did not need a button push.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
I think inteligent power boards are over the counter items. The first outlet is the master and if it detects current drawn, the others switch on. Is that what you are after?