Do mods read edited posts?

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Yesterday I posted an image in the "Show you picture thread...". I thought that it might was on the border of what's accepted, but I took the chance. A few minutes went by, and hgmjr edited the post, and removed the image. That's OK by me, and I got no hard feelings. I took a chance, and now I know.:)

So when I was driving to start some carpenters today, I started thinking, "What if I edited my post and inserted the image again? It will still violate, but will the mods read the post?"

How does this work, do you read all posts, new and edited, before they are shown to the forum?

I will not edit the post and insert the image. I like to live by the rules.:)

(For those who are curious, the image showed just some text about long living relationships.)

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
My approach targets new posts. When I see that a thread has new posts, I click the "Show first unread" button and get transferred there. Edited posts don't count as new posts in AAC, so I would have missed that.

The only chance that I would see your post is if I scrolled up by curiosity or to get reminded of the conversation subject.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Under certain circumstances we can see what changes were made, though it is not a given.

I scan constantly, that is one way to see problem posts. Membership reporting posts (such as spam) is also a great help. You would slid right past my radar, but you develop a feel for certain titles after a while.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
I removed the content of the post because it contained text that was unsuitable for the audience that is served by AAC. We have young kids that come to this site looking for help with their electronic questions.

hgmjr