Dislike sopa

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
It is sweeping statements like that that tend to get threads closed. Keep it factual.

And no, I don't think the constitution is dead. It is regularly tested, and while it goes ways we may not like it had endured. People, you and me, just need to keep paying attention.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
After the blackouts: What's next for SOPA?
So, I think they learned that the brute force legislation approach isn't going to work, so they will be on to plan B now; the tried & true boiled frog approach. Little bits of legislation here and there; individually they are just minor annoyances that we eventually get used to, and then they introduce the next, and then the next, until the end result is the same and they get what they wanted in the beginning. This is what works best for them, and I can't figure out why they deviated from their usual methods. Somebody got a little too ambitious methinks. Lesson learned, hopefully on all fronts.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
It is sweeping statements like that that tend to get threads closed. Keep it factual.

And no, I don't think the constitution is dead. It is regularly tested, and while it goes ways we may not like it had endured. People, you and me, just need to keep paying attention.
the NDAA text affirms the President's authority to detain, via the Armed Forces, any person "who was part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners," and anyone who commits a "belligerent act" against the U.S. or its coalition allies, under the law of war, "without trial, until the end of the hostilities authorized by the [AUMF].
An hour after the indictment was announced, the Justice Department's website, www.justice.gov, came under cyberattack. Anonymous, the hacktivist computer group, claimed responsibility.
I think that fits the definition.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
We'll see. I disagree with you in the basics though. The US goverment has gone through bad times with questionable practices, but sooner or later it comes out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tonyr1084 Feedback and Suggestions 15
N Off-Topic 25
N Off-Topic 0