Dislike sopa

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by magnet18, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    It is sweeping statements like that that tend to get threads closed. Keep it factual.

And no, I don't think the constitution is dead. It is regularly tested, and while it goes ways we may not like it had endured. People, you and me, just need to keep paying attention.

2. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    After the blackouts: What's next for SOPA?
    So, I think they learned that the brute force legislation approach isn't going to work, so they will be on to plan B now; the tried & true boiled frog approach. Little bits of legislation here and there; individually they are just minor annoyances that we eventually get used to, and then they introduce the next, and then the next, until the end result is the same and they get what they wanted in the beginning. This is what works best for them, and I can't figure out why they deviated from their usual methods. Somebody got a little too ambitious methinks. Lesson learned, hopefully on all fronts.

3. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    I think that fits the definition.

4. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    We'll see. I disagree with you in the basics though. The US goverment has gone through bad times with questionable practices, but sooner or later it comes out.

5. Sparky49

Jul 16, 2011
    I also found this today - it looks like SOPA isn't fairing too well at the moment. :)

[​IMG]

strantor and DerStrom8 like this.