Do you know any one unhappy with change over from analog. I know
one guy that is unhappy,his t.v. acts like dish T.V.fading even in
good weather.He going to try a new type bow tie.Will let you know,
any comments how its working around the country.Jump in

P.s. Was told to put light weight plastic bag over dish,seem to help If dish
is dry in rain,,any comments.

scythe

Joined Mar 23, 2009
My goodness, I was answering people's questions about the transition recently and there are a lot of technologically impaired people out there! "The converter box just goes between your ANTENNA and WHATEVER YOUR ANTENNA PLUGS INTO!!!" It seems idiot-proof enough, but believe me, there are plenty of people that struggle with "antenna in" and "antenna out" ports... it depresses me somewhat... :(

And yeah, there are a lot of people unhappy about the change. My view is, it's just TV. Sure, it's potentially important for emergency broadcasts, but that's about it. Get a book. If people reallocated just half the time they spent watching TV, reading something of practical value, they would die accomplishing a lot more than they realize.

EDIT: If you want to know of things to increase reception dealing with your antenna: www.antennaweb.org
For local station strength: www.dtv.gov
For coupons: www.dtv2009.gov

But if you don't have coupons already, you've probably become accustomed to life without tv by now...

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I don't watch much TV, but it still pisses me off. I have more than one set, and I am stuck with cable (or FIOS, in this case). This was a case of congress serving something other than the public interest, IMO.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
You guys missed point,have you heard of bad reception from friends
or any source,blogs.I know a guy that uses olny the box,his reception
breaks up like the dish in rain.It breaks up in good weather.The picture
has no ghost now,very sharp but unpredicable.It seems that the public
will be forced to go to dish or cable. No responces about covering the
dish from rainwater. Thanks What is used around the world,other
countries what do you have ditital or analog.

ELECTRONERD

Joined May 26, 2009
I like analog myself, but digital will provide less bandwitdth, adding more stations. Also, power will be distributed more efficiently.

Ruptor

Joined Apr 26, 2009
Hi
The problem we have with digital reception is from the planes. They switch the flight paths around going in to Heathrow for wind changes and to distribute the noise but on a certain path the planes cause the screen to go black for a second. My old mum thinks I am clairvoyant because I can predict when the screen will go black. She is 84 and I haven't told her I can see the planes coming. Analogue is unaffected by the planes so I switch the tv over when the flight paths are bad.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

In Holland we have several years digital TV in the air.
In spring 2008 the analog signal was taken of the air.
Now they are talking about digital radio transmissions.
I wonder when the analog radio signal will be taken of the air.

Greetings,
Bertus

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
Do you know any one unhappy with change over from analog.
I'm unhappy. The NTSC and PAL signal standards are things of beauty, like old historic buildings. I cringe when those are torn down too.

I supose all things must meet their end, but don't ask me to be happy about it when it happens.