Diego Armando Maradona - RIP

schmitt trigger

Joined Jul 12, 2010
Agustin;
I visited Argentina in the late 1980s, Buenos Aires and Quilmes, to be exact.

There is a pair of things that I distinctly remember: On the roads leading to the airport, there were large signs with “Las Malvinas son Argentinas.”
The other is the God-like reverence people felt about Maradona, and the vindication of national pride of him having eliminated England from the World Cup.

Beautiful country Argentina. Loved Buenos Aires. Loved the people. I hope I can return someday and visit the Andes or the Patagonia.

Last edited:

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Hola ST,

Agustin;
I visited Argentina in the late 1980s, Buenos Aires and Quilmes, to be exact.
Quilmes; four years ago I moved quite close. Albeit just 50 blocks away I go there very seldom.

On the roads leading to the airport, there were large signs with “Las Malvinas son Argentinas.”
No doubt you could find them anywhere throughout the entire country.

The other is the God-like reverence people felt about Maradona, and the vindication of national pride of him having eliminated England from the World Cup.
Not deeply interested in soccer myself, my recollections of the World Cups become rather fuzzy quite quickly but I know that the most remembered goal is this in 1986. The previous one in that game, I will refrain to comment myself.

Beautiful country Argentina. Loved Buenos Aires. Loved the people. I hope I can return someday and visit the Andes or the Patagonia.
Had the chance to know a big deal because of my activity, from Antártida to the Iguazú Falls. Sure, there is a lot to see.
If one day you do it, consider the different "Rutas del vino" with the Malbec variety as the most emblematic. :)

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Hola ST,

Quilmes; four years ago I moved quite close. Albeit just 50 blocks away I go there very seldom.

No doubt you could find them anywhere throughout the entire country.

Not deeply interested in soccer myself, my recollections of the World Cups become rather fuzzy quite quickly but I know that the most remembered goal is this in 1986. The previous one in that game, I will refrain to comment myself.

Had the chance to know a big deal because of my activity, from Antártida to the Iguazú Falls. Sure, there is a lot to see.
If one day you do it, consider the different "Rutas del vino" with the Malbec variety as the most emblematic. :)
That is a dream of a lifetime for me. Malbec is my favorite type of read wine and I have an obsession with Argentina as a country based on its history I suppose. There is a movie (not for everyone, but it appealed to me on personal level) called "Aura", the shots of nature are amazing there

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
That is a dream of a lifetime for me. Malbec is my favorite type of read wine and I have an obsession with Argentina as a country based on its history I suppose. There is a movie (not for everyone, but it appealed to me on personal level) called "Aura", the shots of nature are amazing there
If so, I would give a deeper look into it again. The year I was born, 1947, a new era started, and nowadays, we are harvesting the sour results. A good sample is what happened, just few hours ago in the main square in front of Casa Rosada. Just in case I am stopping any further comment on the matter.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Took me some time to find the movie whose actual name is "El Aura". Finished watching it, right now.

That is Patagonia with steppe and woods. These last, against the Andes give way to beautiful places. In some scenes you can even see the typical skies with very high clouds of lenticular shape because of strong winds that almost never reach the ground level.