Develop a digital attendance system for a class using Atmega32

mahmud1994

Joined Jul 16, 2017
In this mini project, we have to develop a digital attendance system for a class. A teacher will hand over a device to the students of his/her class. Students, one by one, will enter their IDs. One student will enter his/her ID after pressing a “Start” button. After entering his/her ID (6 digits) the device will be locked for 30 sec. At the end of the class by pressing “Recall” button the teacher can see the absent IDs in the LCD display. He may note those down for his/her record.

For this mini project we decide to use Atmega32 micro-controller as it has the ability store and process the required data. The features of Atmega32 we are going to use are program ram, data rom, I/O ports, timer/counter, keypad, LCD display.

First all the id of the students will be stored in micro-controller data memory. When device power is on after pressing a “Start” button, device will ask the particular student to enter his or her 6 digits ID. After entering the ID, data will be saved in the register memory. The device then will be locked for 30 sec. Counter will be start and micro controller will take input of IDs of the total students by delaying 30 sec sequentially. After taking all the ID of the students, micro-controller then will be ready to execute its next command. When the teacher presses the “Recall” button after class, micro-controller will start comparison between previously stored students ID with input IDs. If input ID match with the stored id, micro-controller will not show that ID. If input ID does not match with the stored id, micro-controller will show that ID on LCD display. Teacher will then see the display and note down whose are absent in his/her attendance sheet.

What will be the micro-controller code for this project?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
That is am excellent project.
How old are you? What school and class are you in? What course is this?

You have to write the code. This is not an easy project if you do not know how to write code.

hexreader

Joined Apr 16, 2011
Mr Chips,

You have misunderstood due to a vital bit of missing information in the original post.

OP explains better in his other thread here: http://www.electro-tech-online.com/...nce-system-for-a-class-using-atmega32.151407/

"It will be a great help if you post the whole code. so that i can check it."

OP needs you to write the code, and in return, is willing to check it for you.

Hope you understand better now Mr Chips :)

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
What will be the micro-controller code for this project?
We help with homework, but we won't do it for you. Helping you cheat isn't fair to you or your classmates.

As an aside, it's dumb to ask students to enter their ID code for each class they attend. What if they made a mistake?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Mr Chips,

You have misunderstood due to a vital bit of missing information in the original post.

OP explains better in his other thread here: http://www.electro-tech-online.com/...nce-system-for-a-class-using-atmega32.151407/

"It will be a great help if you post the whole code. so that i can check it."

OP needs you to write the code, and in return, is willing to check it for you.

Hope you understand better now Mr Chips :)
Thanks for the cross-platform check. I don't do ETO.
Then I'd better get on to the task of writing code so that someone else can verify it for me.:D

mahmud1994

Joined Jul 16, 2017
That is am excellent project.
How old are you? What school and class are you in? What course is this?

You have to write the code. This is not an easy project if you do not know how to write code.

Thank you. Mr Chips.

I'm 22 years old and a undergraduate student. Course ID is EEE365( Micro controller and Microprocessor System). This a project i like to do for this course. I have codes for the project however it has too many errors. codes are created using the code of the each mentioned element of atmega 32. So it doesn't match with each other. Furthermore i wrote a code by myself. It also doesn't work too.

mahmud1994

Joined Jul 16, 2017
Welcome to AAC!

We help with homework, but we won't do it for you. Helping you cheat isn't fair to you or your classmates.

As an aside, it's dumb to ask students to enter their ID code for each class they attend. What if they made a mistake?

Thank you. I will keep that in mind and change the code accordingly. Its not about cheating. if you feel that way i am really sorry.

hexreader

Joined Apr 16, 2011
What language is your code written in?

What compiler are you using? which version?

What entry device are you using, and which port pins is it connected to?
What LCD are you using and which port pins is it connected to?
How are start and recall buttons connected?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Thank you. Mr Chips.

I'm 22 years old and a undergraduate student. Course ID is EEE365( Micro controller and Microprocessor System). This a project i like to do for this course. I have codes for the project however it has too many errors. codes are created using the code of the each mentioned element of atmega 32. So it doesn't match with each other. Furthermore i wrote a code by myself. It also doesn't work too.
The aim of a course on Micro controller and Microprocessor System is to introduce MCU architecture, programming, systems design, structured programming, algorithm design, trouble shooting and debugging.

If you wrote code and it does not work, your goal is to learn how to debug simple and complex systems and get it working. Often times you have to go back to square one and test fundamentals, basic concepts and your understanding of basic operations. If you cannot get Step 1 working then you have no hopes of getting Step 6 to work.

Go back and dismantle and rebuild your code one step at a time. Divide and conquer. Break your project into manageable modules and get each module working.

No one on the World Wide Web is going supply you with working code for your project. This is your project and you have to take ownership of your project.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
if you feel that way i am really sorry.
You haven't cheated yet. Members haven't thrown any answers at you. But the fact that you asked for code examples without providing your own first doesn't give a good first impression.

Most members have been around long enough to know when a project is likely to be homework. We consider anything for which you will receive a grade to be homework.

For novice programmers, it's best to draw a flow chart so you can verify your algorithm before trying to write code.