detecting self-movement with hall or other non mechanical sensor

kredka

Joined Jun 14, 2017
Hello everyone, I`m new here but I will go straight to point.

In my project I have to detect if my vehicle is moving or does it stuck and wheels are speeining in place by checking if speed is greater than 0 wehen current is given for dc.
The problem is I can`t use any kind of mechanical sensor like rotary encoder because of device I`m working on will be mount on different vehicles
and montage will be problematic beside I must prevent vechicle from spin wheels when position not change, so I`m checking position of vehicle, not rotation of mechanical elements.

I tryed with accelerometr but I can`t filterout noise cause by engive vibration and accelerometr give me only acceleration, no speed indication
I would reatcher give out on accelerometer because is fraglle to for my project.
I spend long time with this with tiny resoults.

I also give a tried to hall sensor which use fact that
when wehicle change position sensor give me different magnetic readings. Something like compass but for position.
However I found this way not relable due to magnetic field is noisy and vanishing. Many claim that best solution for speed checking is distance sensor.
I use time of light but the range is from 0-30cm and when obsticle is farer than max distance then sensor indicate 30cm so It`s hard to say
if object dont move or sensor return max distance because there is nothing in front of it. Another limitation I have is velry smal current consumption and any additional sensor should
use very little power unlike ir. For me, best option would be to use distance sensor or hall sensor which are already on board of my wehicle
however I cant solve those issues. Please, doeas anyone how some idea how can I solve it, best by using hall or distance sensor?
I only need info if object move or not.