Designing a simple alarm signalling circuit

nestbulala

Joined Dec 12, 2015
R!f@@, the 50 volt relay should be 48 volts that will triggered when there is an alarm, the 555 will flash the opto-isolator at 1 hz and clamp the lamp to the negative side of the power rail. Sorry for the design, I did it the simplest way I can and I borrowed from the internet. That is why I came here to you guys. Alec_t, I don't have a clearer picture but I can try to change it to png file.

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
It won't flash. Not the way the bulb is connected
And the opto cannot drive a 5W bulb

Lamp test and Alarm switches are the same

nestbulala

Joined Dec 12, 2015
Ok then R!f@@, the opto-isolator will drive a transistor to drive the bulb. It should flash from the 555 right? How should I connect the bulb? Alec_t, I am expecting that when when the alarm is triggered and you acknowledge, the scr should remain on until the power is removed.
R!f@@, I modified the lamp connection I hope this will be ok.

Last edited:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Also the voltage regulation circuit D1,Q1 and R1 will not work.
There is no voltage going to the circuit unless one of the buttons is pressed.
As soon as the buttons are released, no voltage is present at the circuit.
Should the alarm start when the alarm button is pressed?

Bertus

nestbulala

Joined Dec 12, 2015
Bertus, the alarm switch is latching when there is active alarm, it will remain on until it is cleared. D1, Q1 and R1 will work only when there is alarm.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
You are applying the same voltage to the anode, cathode and gate of the SCR, so it won't switch on.
When the Alarm signal is present both lamps will be on, regardless of the 555 operation.
If the Alarm signal is a latched one why do you need the SCR?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
The Alarm and Acknowledge signals are now commoned.
The lamps and SCR anode have no supply unless the Lamp Test switch is closed.
Applying 50V via R5,Q2,R4 to the 555 output pin will probably fry the 555.

nestbulala

Joined Dec 12, 2015
Alec_t, I expect that when the alarm is active, the 555 will flash, when you acknowledge it should remain on by the SCR. About the Q2, probably I need an opto-isolator which was from the previous design.