Design of an electronic board: experimental prototype of fluorescence-based diagnostics

Rihab hamid

Joined May 26, 2023
Moderator edit - Google translate from French

Hello everyone,
I am currently designing an electronics board and need help inserting three UV LED diodes into my project. I would like to use these UV LED diodes for a specific experimental prototype application of fluorescence-based diagnostics

I have a few questions regarding my circuit design:
  1. What are the important technical specifications to consider when choosing the right UV LED diodes for my project?
  2. How can I calculate the resistor needed to limit the current of UV LED diodes?
  3. Are there any special cooling considerations for UV LEDs?
  4. Are there any specific precautions or tips to consider when mounting and wiring UV LED diodes?
If anyone has experience with this or knowledge of UV LED diodes, I would appreciate any tips, component recommendations, or helpful resources to help me move forward with my project.

Thank you in advance for your help !

Bonjour à tous,

Je suis actuellement en train de concevoir une carte électronique et j'ai besoin d'aide pour insérer trois diodes LED UV dans mon projet. J'aimerais utiliser ces diodes LED UV pour une application spécifique prototype expérimentale de diagnostic a base de fluorescence

j'ai quelques questions concernant la conception de mon circuit :

1. Quelles sont les spécifications techniques importantes à prendre en compte lors du choix des diodes LED UV appropriées pour mon projet ?
  2. Comment puis-je calculer la résistance nécessaire pour limiter le courant des diodes LED UV ?
  3. Y at-il des considérations particulières en termes de refroidissement pour les diodes LED UV ?
  4. Existe-t-il des précautions ou des astuces spécifiques à prendre en compte lors du montage et du câblage des diodes LED UV ?

Si quelqu'un a de l'expérience dans ce domaine ou des connaissances sur les diodes LED UV, je serais reconnaissant de recevoir des conseils, des recommandations de composants ou des ressources utiles pour m'aider à avancer dans mon projet.

Merci d'avance pour votre aide !

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Moderator edit - Google translate from French

Hello everyone,
I am currently designing an electronics board and need help inserting three UV LED diodes into my project. I would like to use these UV LED diodes for a specific experimental prototype application of fluorescence-based diagnostics

I have a few questions regarding my circuit design:
  1. What are the important technical specifications to consider when choosing the right UV LED diodes for my project?
  2. How can I calculate the resistor needed to limit the current of UV LED diodes?
  3. Are there any special cooling considerations for UV LEDs?
  4. Are there any specific precautions or tips to consider when mounting and wiring UV LED diodes?
If anyone has experience with this or knowledge of UV LED diodes, I would appreciate any tips, component recommendations, or helpful resources to help me move forward with my project.

Thank you in advance for your help !
I am conversant enough with UV LEDs and LRDs in general to give some good advice relative to the questions posed.
First, an application will require a specific wavelength and intensity, and you must be able to provide that information to any potential supplier of LED devices. That is where you will need to communicate directly with the manufacturer of the UV LEDs. Contacting any general seller will provide only lies and inadequate information.
This means that the TS will need to know what they actually need for the project.
The question about calculating the series resistor tells me that the TS needs to first do a lot more reading and learning before any acquisition of materials.
The UV spectrum is wide enough that it is not covered by single devices, and so the TS must first know what wavelength and intensity their application requires. In addition, some portions of the UV spectrum are fairly hazardous and so require more cautions in shielding from exposure.
In addition, higher power LEDs have very specific cooling requirements that vary with the device design..