design network sorter

ranhani

Joined Sep 29, 2015
Hello everyone, I have this question to design 2-sorter and 4-sorter also and I must use those

design a 2-sorter as shown in by using one 4-bit magnitude comparator and two 4-bit 2-to-1 multiplexors .
design a 4-sorter by using five s-sorters as you will see it clear in attachments.
my question how many design I must design and can u give me the simple program to design those

thanks for help :)

Attachments

it's doing exactly what I said, just doing all of the compares after the propagation delay. It does them all, but doesn;t require a clock.

LTSpice should be able to do it I would think, but the models may have to come from the Yahoo group for LTSpice.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hello everyone, I have this question to design 2-sorter and 4-sorter also and I must use those

design a 2-sorter as shown in by using one 4-bit magnitude comparator and two 4-bit 2-to-1 multiplexors .
design a 4-sorter by using five s-sorters as you will see it clear in attachments.
my question how many design I must design and can u give me the simple program to design those

thanks for help :)
You are not asked to design anything. You are given the design (see Fig 2(c) and 2(d)) and are merely asked to implement them. The assignment does not specify how you are to implement it -- presumably that information was given to you separately. Are you supposed to physically implement them in hardware? Or just simulate the circuits in software?

ranhani

Joined Sep 29, 2015
You are not asked to design anything. You are given the design (see Fig 2(c) and 2(d)) and are merely asked to implement them. The assignment does not specify how you are to implement it -- presumably that information was given to you separately. Are you supposed to physically implement them in hardware? Or just simulate the circuits in software?

Thank u for reply .. It's just simulate circuits as draw it snd print it only.. Do u know any simple program can help me?
Also i don't know which sorter he want :( ?
Thank i

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Thank u for reply .. It's just simulate circuits as draw it snd print it only.. Do u know any simple program can help me?
Also i don't know which sorter he want :( ?
Thank i
Read the assignment. It not only tells you want to implement, but also how to implement it. Part 2(a) asks you to implement a 2-sorter and part 2(b) asks you to implement a 4-sorter.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
If you know that, then why did you say that you didn't know which sorter he wanted?

Most classes that use simulation specify which simulators you are expected/allowed to use. Ask your instructor what the requirements are in that respect.

ranhani

Joined Sep 29, 2015
If you know that, then why did you say that you didn't know which sorter he wanted?

Most classes that use simulation specify which simulators you are expected/allowed to use. Ask your instructor what the requirements are in that respect.

I'm sorry u didn't give me any kind of help if u don't know about this subject don't post let others help me
And if u don't read he ask about 2 kind of sorter
And i ask also about program to design that!!

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I'm sorry u didn't give me any kind of help if u don't know about this subject don't post let others help me
Word to the wise -- don't try to play these kinds of games; they don't tend to go over well here.

And if u don't read he ask about 2 kind of sorter
Yes, he did. And you said you weren't sure which kind he wanted, so I pointed out that HE WANTS BOTH! Read 2(a) -- he wants you to implement a 2-sorter. Read 2(b) -- he wants you to implement a 4-sorter using five 2-sorters as the building blocks.

And i ask also about program to design that!!
And I asked for details about what you were required/allowed to use. What good would it do for me to recommend that you use Verilog if you are not allowed to use an HDL?

ranhani

Joined Sep 29, 2015
Word to the wise -- don't try to play these kinds of games; they don't tend to go over well here.

Yes, he did. And you said you weren't sure which kind he wanted, so I pointed out that HE WANTS BOTH! Read 2(a) -- he wants you to implement a 2-sorter. Read 2(b) -- he wants you to implement a 4-sorter using five 2-sorters as the building blocks.

And I asked for details about what you were required/allowed to use. What good would it do for me to recommend that you use Verilog if you are not allowed to use an HDL?

No he didn't specify any of program he ask from us to search about that and find program can draw these cicuit..