dependent sources

Thread Starter

mary n.

Joined Jul 18, 2013
1
Hi everyone!

I am new to Pspice and I want to simulate a dependent voltage source like

G 0 3 value{arctan(100*λ*V(2)}

I used G/analog and connect its measuring between 0 & 3 nodes and the other to V(2) but the resulting netlist is
G 0 3 0 2 1 not the desired one G 0 3 value{arctan(100*k*V(2)}
can anyone help me what to do ?

Thanks a lot!!!!
PS : version of my pspice is 16.2
And λ is a parameter that can be 1 or 10 dependent on condition
 

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
33,198
If you want to make a dependent voltage source, then why are you using a voltage-controlled current source?

First off, your expression is missing a right-paren, but I'm assuming that this is a typo in your post.

Second, you can't evaluate expressions and use them as node values, though there are some devices that will let you do something like this.

It looks like you are trying to make a behavioral voltage source. This would be an E device using the VOL= or VALUE = parameter.

Check this reference out: http://www.ecircuitcenter.com/SPICEsummary.htm#ABM
 
Top