degree of reentrant in armature winding

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Are you sure you have the correct words? I've never heard "reentrant" used in the context of a motor. I've only heard it used in the context of multiple tasks executing the same code, but with different data frames.

HoopHoop

Joined Aug 22, 2016
Are you sure you have the correct words? I've never heard "reentrant" used in the context of a motor. I've only heard it used in the context of multiple tasks executing the same code, but with different data frames.
degree of re-entrant of an armature winding :

it says in an article a winding is a single re-entrant if tracing through it once, all armature conductors are included on returning to the starting point.

how it is 'tracing'? what is the path of tracing?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006

it says in an article a winding is a single re-entrant if tracing through it once, all armature conductors are included on returning to the starting point.

You follow the wire from one terminal to another as if you were Maxwell's demon. If you cover all of the wire then the winding is single re-entrant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell's_demon

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015

Hoophoop I think they're just explaining how armature winding is like a single conductor with multiple taps (to commutator strips) but Plz try to get a better translation of your question so we can give better help:cool:

Last edited:
@HoopHoop

FWIW: If you are indeed referring to the armature of a contact (i.e. 'brush') - commutated electric motor - then I believe the arrangement will be as per post #5 -- To wit: Tracing as per posts #4 & #10 will involve 100% of the winding:)

That said -- I'm no expert on electric motors:oops:

Best regards
HP:)

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013

Can you quote the source of the article and if possible a reproduction?
Max.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Now listen, Papabravo is a very smart guy and he is saying exactly what I would say.
You have been asked for a reference to where you found this idea and you did not help.

If you have to, "trace" then you look at the wire. The path of the wire is what you, "trace". "Trace" is to become aware of the places where the physical wire exists. The sum of all these places is the path. Tracing is a mental exercise, not a physical activity. You don't move the wire to trace it. You merely become aware of its path.

Last edited by a moderator:

HoopHoop

Joined Aug 22, 2016
Now listen, Papabravo is a very smart guy and he is saying exactly what I would say.
You have been asked for a reference to where you found this idea and you did not help.

If you have to, "trace" then you look at the wire. The path of the wire is what you, "trace". "Trace" is to become aware of the places where the physical wire exists. The sum of all these places is the path. Tracing is a mental exercise, not a physical activity. You don't move the wire to trace it. You merely become aware of its path.
Now listen YOU are DEFINITELY not a smart guy.

I've been reading a lot of the OLD textbooks and subject tomes available via google.books.con

Re-entrant is/was a term of the art in all of them.
Aye! Audel's agrees!:cool: - IMHO, however, the 'trouble' is vested less in terminology than in the TS's 'deafness' to any assertion falling outside the scope of his preconceptions:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Best regards
HP

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I have a copy of what has always been regarded as the 'Bible' of motor winding, by R. Rosenberg, and covers many kinds of motor rewinding/repair, I could find no reference to the term 're-entrant' anywhere.
Max.