dead amplifier

misael.mata

Joined Aug 26, 2014
hello there, i have this little project im trying to get working, its a 2500 watt amp, the problem is its dead, i repaced all mosfets and transistors and resistors, fuses are good put it wont kick on, ive all ready replaced tl494 and still the same, help please
i couldnt fine a shematic for this one but it looks like a simple circuit

Attachments

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Without a schematic I 'd be surprised if anyone here could do other than just guess what the problem may be :(.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
If you call that board simple, I don't want to see what a complex one looks like. :rolleyes:

Looking at the circuit board tells us nothing about what the problem might be.
Need a schematic.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
As long as we're just guessing, I'll say it's the electrolytic capacitors. Get an ESR tester and check them, or just replace them.

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
Before you start, inspection of soldered joints would be a starting point, then voltage measurements, what have you done so far? Is there any signs of life on switch on at all? Am busy consulting my Crystal ball awaiting your reply. ....

misael.mata

Joined Aug 26, 2014
power supplythanks guys well gues what..... i checked for shorts, everythingis in order, and well i thought, hmmmm, i wont lose nothing if i resolder the whole board, i did that, and hooked it up and bam it turned on, sounded nasty but i cleaned the gains on it, and now is working perfectly, thanks everybody more years more experience, yall have a good afternoon.

My son got a free car amp given to him the guy said is does not work. It appears to be a simple amp with 8 power transistors first thing I suspected was someone shorted the output and killed the power transistors. I de soldered the transistors and they all test good. I put the amp back together and it still does not work. After some more experements i lean the volume control does not work. I soldered in a used replacement part and the amp works good now.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
power supplythanks guys well gues what..... i checked for shorts, everythingis in order, and well i thought, hmmmm, i wont lose nothing if i resolder the whole board, i did that, and hooked it up and bam it turned on, sounded nasty but i cleaned the gains on it, and now is working perfectly, thanks everybody more years more experience, yall have a good afternoon.
Man I'm jealous... it took me weeks to fix my first amp...

I've got an ICE amp in the garage that doesn't work and y'all are making me want to take it apart again and figure out the problem. Everything looks fine to the naked eye! Bought it for about 450 bucks and only used it about 8 times before it stopped working!!! Sounded great those 8 times or so but when it stopped working it was of course past the time the store allows in order to exchange it or get a refund. :mad: