Dcr025 Dewalt radio PCB repair

Pwoelber

Joined Mar 31, 2020
I have a DCR025 Dewalt radio that the power button/volume control broke. I was wondering if anyone knew where to find just the power button/volume control piece of the display circuit board of this unit.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Welcome to AAC! Appears to be custom made part. Try contacting DeWALT Industrial Tool Co., 701 East Joppa Road, Towson, MD 21286 for availability. Is it more than just the button? A picture would help assess the damage.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
It looks like a rotary encoder (But it could also be a potentiometer.) Some of these also perform a push button function as well as the rotary encoder function so you will need to select the correct type. Also they are available with different numbers of counts per revolution. I suspect for your application it does not have to be exactly the same as the original. This is a link to one example for sale on ebay. (There are many more.) You can probably also get them from companies such as Farnell.

Les.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Here is a link to a "typical" rotary encoder w/ pushbutton on/off. The on/off uses 2 legs, the encoder 3 legs and 2 physical mounting "legs". Check the physical dimensions, look for any markings on what you have that might give a clue as to make/model, compare to the typical. Other thing may be shaft length. Shafts can be shortened easily, stretched, no. Read the PDF product data file on the link.

https://www.newark.com/alps-alpine/...46d7e3dd731&CMP=KNC-BUSA-GEN-SHOPPING-01M7598