DC Solid State Relay - output issue.

gregorian7

Joined Mar 6, 2018
Hi All,

I am using Crydom SSR DC60S7 http://www.crydom.com/en/products/catalog/dc60-series-dc-panel-mount.pdf .

I tying to test solenoid 39W 24V at 2Hz frequency.
upload_2018-8-6_17-35-17.png
I have done my wiring exactly the same as on the above picture. When I switch the input power off my relay is still partially open.
I read 24V at connector 1+ and 16 V at 2. When switch the input ON both OUTPUT connectors has 24V. In my case 16V is still driving enough current to keep solenoid energize.

I don't really know why really relay not switching off???

Thanks,
Greg

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Hi All,

I am using Crydom SSR DC60S7 http://www.crydom.com/en/products/catalog/dc60-series-dc-panel-mount.pdf .

I tying to test solenoid 39W 24V at 2Hz frequency.
View attachment 157646
I have done my wiring exactly the same as on the above picture. When I switch the input power off my relay is still partially open.
I read 24V at connector 1+ and 16 V at 2. When switch the input ON both OUTPUT connectors has 24V. In my case 16V is still driving enough current to keep solenoid energize.

I don't really know why really relay not switching off???

Thanks,
Greg
The datasheet says that "Inductive loads must be diode suppresed." . Did you include an inverse parallel diode connected to the solenoid? If not, you may have damaged the SSR.

Also, what voltage are you using to turn on the SSR?

gregorian7

Joined Mar 6, 2018
I have put the BA516 diode across the coil. As on the picture in my post.

Input voltage 22V current 14mA. ( as there is 1Volt drop across the relay).

Thanks,
Greg

Last edited:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

What is the full partnumber of the relays.
There is an option for normaly closed with no input voltage:

DC60_options.png

Bertus

gregorian7

Joined Mar 6, 2018
Hello,

When the pins 1 and 2 are the wrong way around, the protection diode will always conduct:

View attachment 157652

Bertus
Thanks for suggestion Bertus.

I have already checked that.

Is there a possibility that I have damaged relay?

There is something very odd when I apply voltage to the input on the output 2 I have 24V (main voltage) when input is off on the output 2 is only 16V.

Not smart enough to undestand it :-(

Thanks,
Greg