DC Motor Compound Magnetic Field Equation

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
How about Hall sensor?
By the way, You are at wrong chapter. Go to or general discussion or to physics chapter, or at least power electronics chapter. But this is made to exhibit the ready for use resources.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
There is no simple equation to calculate the field strength. You would need to measure it. Read the datasheets for Hall sensors to check how their outputs vary with field strength.

Juan Andrew Sasongko

Joined Dec 4, 2017
How about Hall sensor?
By the way, You are at wrong chapter. Go to or general discussion or to physics chapter, or at least power electronics chapter. But this is made to exhibit the ready for use resources.
Yes I will be using the hall effect, but I need an equation / formula to make sure that the device is working properly.

There is no simple equation to calculate the field strength. You would need to measure it. Read the datasheets for Hall sensors to check how their outputs vary with field strength.
Yes, the output of hall sensor would be the Voltage Hall and can be converted to magnetic flux density.
But I need an equation, so that I can make sure when the given voltage is X volt, and the current is Y ampere, it will produce B magnetic flux density, equal to the output of my sensor

Danko

Joined Nov 22, 2017
I am trying to measure the strength of magnetic field in a DC Motor Compound. Can you give me some resource to study it?
Yes I will be using the hall effect, but I need an equation / formula to make sure that the device is working properly.
Yes, the output of hall sensor would be the Voltage Hall and can be converted to magnetic flux density. But I need an equation, so that I can make sure when the given voltage is X volt, and the current is Y ampere, it will produce B magnetic flux density, equal to the output of my sensor
Hope this PDF will help you.

Attachments