I have a project to build a multistage DC coupled amplifier with a gain of at least 100, an input resistance of 1MΩ, and Rout of 100Ω.
For MOSFET's we have to use the ALD1106 or ALD1107 and for BJT's we have to use the 2n3904 or 2n3906.
We can use as many stages as we want. β is approximated to be between 150-250, and Vtn = 0.7V.
I'm trying to use a 2 BJT setup with the first stage being the npn and the second stage being a pnp.
The input signal is a 20 - 50mV sine wave.
My main questions are:
1. Can this type of circuit create at least Av = 100 or do I need another stage?
2. How in the world do I even begin analysing it? I need to figure out how to approach the problem so I figure out what kind of resistors to buy.
3. Does anyone know of a good PSpice website for help? I have the circuit built but don't have any idea how to edit parameters or get graphs.
This is my first post/visit here so I'm not sure how the site works quite yet, but my circuit is essentially the same as the one linked here (the cascaded one):
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=5840&highlight=multistage+amp
This is basically the design I sketched out with my R8 being 100Ω and my R1 being 1MegΩ. My capacitor values are going to be 22μF just because my profesor mentioned it in class. Other than that I am paralysed for the next step, and the project due date is approaching fairly rapidly, so I reach out to you all for a push of guidance.
The book we are using has a one paragraph description of what dc coupled means, and that's it. No instuctions on exceptions you have to consider when direct coupling or anything like that. It does, however, have a fair amount of detail on ac coupled amplifiers.
Thanks.
For MOSFET's we have to use the ALD1106 or ALD1107 and for BJT's we have to use the 2n3904 or 2n3906.
We can use as many stages as we want. β is approximated to be between 150-250, and Vtn = 0.7V.
I'm trying to use a 2 BJT setup with the first stage being the npn and the second stage being a pnp.
The input signal is a 20 - 50mV sine wave.
My main questions are:
1. Can this type of circuit create at least Av = 100 or do I need another stage?
2. How in the world do I even begin analysing it? I need to figure out how to approach the problem so I figure out what kind of resistors to buy.
3. Does anyone know of a good PSpice website for help? I have the circuit built but don't have any idea how to edit parameters or get graphs.
This is my first post/visit here so I'm not sure how the site works quite yet, but my circuit is essentially the same as the one linked here (the cascaded one):
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=5840&highlight=multistage+amp
This is basically the design I sketched out with my R8 being 100Ω and my R1 being 1MegΩ. My capacitor values are going to be 22μF just because my profesor mentioned it in class. Other than that I am paralysed for the next step, and the project due date is approaching fairly rapidly, so I reach out to you all for a push of guidance.
The book we are using has a one paragraph description of what dc coupled means, and that's it. No instuctions on exceptions you have to consider when direct coupling or anything like that. It does, however, have a fair amount of detail on ac coupled amplifiers.
Thanks.