Dark Matter

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I didn't want to open yet another new thread on such a broad subject. Anyway, the people interested in this subject are already participants and therefore will be duly alerted of this (pseudo-necro)post.

Here's a bit of news that I found astonishing:

https://cosmosmagazine.com/physics/galaxies-without-dark-matter-confirmed
Interesting that some ultra-diffuse galaxies don't seem to have dark matter properties.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modified_Newtonian_dynamics#The_external_field_effect

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
I think the problem is we really don't understand gravity. What is the true speed of gravity or does it have a speed at all? Is it really a force like the others or is it just a effect of the condition of space caused by matter/energy interaction of EM fields. So if anti-matter has reversed charges then gravity would have reversed charge.
http://www.lbl.gov/Science-Articles/Archive/Phys-speed-of-gravity.html
Hi,

First, i know this is an old thread.

Long time ago (here we go with the 1980's again ha ha) i came up with the "theory" (note the quotes) that gravity was a consequence of everything expanding like the big bang. That means the earth, moon, and distances between them as well as all people and other things on the earth. If you think about it, in the absence of gravity if the earth were to expand at just the right rate, everything on the earth would experience an acceleration that could match what we see as gravity. So the apple doesnt fall to the ground, the ground expands up to meet the apple part way while the apple expands to meet the ground part way.
It was just for fun really, something to ponder on boring days. I think it fails the volume vs surface area test but i never looked into it because it was so extreme and just for fun anyway.

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
The thread about electrons got me to thinking, has anyone ever seen (even hypothetically) as structure of dark matter, or is it still a total mystery? It occurs that our classic proton, neutron, electron model (or the slight variation shown in antimatter) may not even be close, this animal could be so totally different that nothing we think we know applies.
I can promise you this- in all things related to physics, it will be far simpler, far more elegant, and far more graceful than most people in theory believe or want to believe.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
The structure of an electron is the only real physical thing/entity there is. All other structures in existence, are combinations and configurations of this structure.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
It's amazing what we dont know yet. I guess it is because as a civilization we've only been working on this stuff for a short time on the cosmic scale.
Yeah black holes another mystery with various ideas about how they might work inside.
It's amazing how our everyday experiences are not prepared for the unusual things that we encounter when we start looking deep and far. If we have no experience with it yet we cant know how it works.
There have been some advances in the theory of black holes though, although some of it is still guess work.
It seems time travel to the past is being ruled out little by little, unless any device was constructed at the point in time that is to be revisited. That means no going back to the time of Christ for example and no going to Hawkings 71st birthday party.

From what i have learned about science and physics in the past, now the only way i can be surprised is if there is nothing to be surprised about.

Berzerker

Joined Jul 29, 2018
I think scientist have got just a little out of hand. The theory of this, the theory of that. You do realize there is one word in common? "Theory". No one was around when the so called big bang "Theory" happened. No one was there when matter just supposedly, Magically happened to start turning into other elements. So a "Theory" is just a guess! It's something you can't prove but you imagined it happened that way because your brain can't comprehend that there just might be a "God". They spend their time trying to disprove his existents to fit what can't be explained in their little heads.
When a bunch of scientists got around and couldn't find an answer one said to another let's just make up something and call them quarks. Let's give them a made up value and there problem solved!
Problem is they have never been proven but with the values they made up and gave them.
Google said:
quark
NOUN

quarks (plural noun)
any of a number of subatomic particles carrying a fractional electric charge, postulated as building blocks of the hadrons. Quarks have not been directly observed but theoretical predictions based on their existence have been confirmed experimentally.
The two sentences you should look at very closely are:
1. Quarks have not been directly observed
2. but theoretical predictions based on their existence have been confirmed

A prediction (?)….. No proof!
Theory= My best guess
People also say Aliens, Bigfoot and Ghost are real but there isn't any proof of that either.
Brzrkr

Last edited:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Quarks have not been directly observed
Neither have electrons, protons nor neutrons. All we have is indirect observation of them too. And yet current "theory" about their behavior and what to do with them works quite well.

What sort of observation would you consider qualifies as "direct"?

Berzerker

Joined Jul 29, 2018
cmartinez said:
What sort of observation would you consider qualifies as "direct"?
A picture would be nice. I mean we have so called pictures of Aliens, Bigfoots and Ghost but no one has come forward and said there's the proof. We all take for granted because they're scientist they are correct. Black holes for instant (?) there is no direct picture of one. Just an observation of the stars going around something fast! Now we all know the closer you get to the center of an object the faster the objects around it go (Like a tire) There is a center of our universe. We are going around something. If they could see the center of our universe wouldn't the black hole be surrounded by a very hot barrier of matter that would not allow us to actually see the black hole. And just how do they know it's black? Why not purple or green. Or what if it's like a whirlpool, Whirlpools don't have anything in the center but air....Air doesn't have a color.

A lot of what scientist have made our world up of are just theories...…..Guesses
Brzrkr

Berzerker

Joined Jul 29, 2018
joeyd999 said:
It's not.
See.....Scientist. That's their problem, Why not call it invisible star if it's not black and there's no hole. Where did "black" hole come from? where's the hole? They always tell you nothing can escape it's gravitational pull then why are there jets shooting out of some of their poles, It escaped somehow (?). That's exactly why you can't believe everything they say.

Their new moon "theory" sucks too. Some kid not even out of school comes up with a theory and it sounds good to them and it's "Let's go with that" didn't matter if it's true or not.
And a lot of good people have been locked up with no more than circumstantial evidence too!
Let me tell you a story of how I think it went down and your off to prison.
Brzrkr