DARK CURRENT OF PHOTODIODE

TINTIN2015

Joined Apr 6, 2015
Hello
I am doing a project on photodiode. Please kindly inform that :
How to measure dark current or leakage current of a photodiode?

TINTIN2015

Joined Apr 6, 2015
I want to measure the 'dark current' in photoconductive mode. (With lights off) When applying reverse bias , a small reverse saturation current appears which can be easily measured. How to measure dark current(leakage current) from it?

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I want to measure the 'dark current' in photoconductive mode. (With lights off) When applying reverse bias , a small reverse saturation current appears which can be easily measured. How to measure dark current(leakage current) from it?
There is no dark current in photoconductive mode. Where would the energy come from?

Edit: ooops...got it backward...no dark current in photovoltaic mode.

Again, the dark current (leakage current) is the remaining current after the lights are turned off. I don't know what else I can say!

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
The reverse saturation current, the leakage current, and the dark current are all the same for your purposes.