custom smartphone manufacturer companies?

TheLinuxNerd

Joined Mar 19, 2020
Hi,
I am a tech entrepreneur and I'm looking for a company to develop around my vision. I'm currently looking at making a high-end custom android smartphone. What are some companies that can develop around my vision? I contacted some suppliers on Alibaba but I'm not looking to private label. I'm looking for an OEM custom smartphone.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
What are some companies that can develop around my vision? I contacted some suppliers on Alibaba but I'm not looking to private label. I'm looking for an OEM custom smartphone.
This sounds like a conflicting requirement to me.

Find some bit player in the smartphone market and see if you have enough potential volume for them to bother manufacturing a phone for you.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Hi,
I am a tech entrepreneur and I'm looking for a company to develop around my vision. I'm currently looking at making a high-end custom android smartphone. What are some companies that can develop around my vision? I contacted some suppliers on Alibaba but I'm not looking to private label. I'm looking for an OEM custom smartphone.
If you have some great vision concept the way to profit from it is to sell the idea and some mechanization of the concept to a smartphone company, or possibly get them to hire you. The magnitude of creating a design and taking it to a physical realization is very huge. That is why the large companies only have a new model perhaps once a year.
If your concept is well enough formed to qualify for a design patent then you may be able to get a patent and sell licensing.
If that vision can be realized in software then you may be able to get it into the form of an application program, (app), and market it that way.
It is not likely that there even exists a "small" smart phone maker that would consider producing a custom design.