CST Studio Suite help

Kunal@bits

Joined Oct 30, 2023
Hi, I am working on a project to study 2D electrostatic field when we have an aircraft in a 100 kV/m ambient electric field.

For this I am stuck how to get the electric field variations when the aircraft is put inside the plates having the required electric field. In this, I am not getting variations outside the aircraft instead I am getting it on the aircraft body. I am using low frequency simulation in CST studio.

Can anyone please help me and suggest how to do it in simulation.

yef smith

Joined Aug 2, 2020
as i see it,its view option of the field, you do cutplane view field and it will show the field variation on the whole simulation box.
It would be great if you could post the filed monitor view of your CST

Kunal@bits

Joined Oct 30, 2023
Hi
Can anyone please help
I am working on a project to study 2D electrostatic field when we have an aircraft in a 100 kV/m ambient electric field.

For this I am stuck how to get the electric field variations when the aircraft is put inside the plates having the required electric field. In this, I am not getting variations outside the aircraft instead I am getting it on the aircraft body. I am using low frequency simulation in CST studio.

Attachments

Kunal@bits

Joined Oct 30, 2023
Hi
I am working on a project to study 2D electrostatic fields when we have an aircraft in a 100 kV/m ambient electric field.

For this I am stuck on how to get the electric field variations when the aircraft is put inside the plates having the required electric field. In this, I am not getting variations outside the aircraft instead I am getting it on the aircraft body. I am using low frequency simulation in CST studio.

The following steps I used to get the results:
1) I created an electric field by applying two PEC bricks and gave them some potential to each of the bricks.
2) Then I used an electrostatic solver to get the effect of the electric field on the aircraft body but I am not able to get it clearly.

Please do help me with this.