Criminal Minds

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://blog.knowbe4.com/hackers-spoil-their-1-billion-cyberheist-with-a-typo
The hackers initiated a series of money transfer requests after stealing credentials the Bangladesh bank uses to authorize electronic money transfers. They used the stolen creds to send more than 30 money transfer requests to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, asking them to transfer the funds from the Bangladesh Bank’s account to organizations in the Philippines and Sri Lanka. One of these organizations was called the Shalika Foundation, but the crims misspelled the word “foundation” as “fandation” in the wire transfer, and that was the one that raised the red flags.
Where is autocorrect when you really need it?

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I can't say a word being I see the auto spell check take correct words that I typed and turn them into other words for no reason at all followed by then underlining the words for not fitting the sentence as it felt it should.

Believe me with my full knowledge of my crappy spelling abilities I watch every keystroke when I type and when I go back and do the proof read I see words that I know I did not type. :mad:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I haven't been afflicted with auto-correct...yet. Probably because I have a stupid phone. All it does is make and receive phone calls and keep the phone numbers I type into its memory. It has a camera, a flashlight, and a calculator. Someday I will learn how to use them.:D

I do have spell check here on AAC, but most of the time it objects because we use words which are not in its dictionary.:(
The good part is that it doesn't replace my words. It just underlines them.:p