Creative Inspire T3030

natepioneer

Joined Dec 21, 2015
Some years ago, I purchased a Creative Inspire T3030. For years it has worked fine, but recently I was not getting any sound from it. When I removed the Volume Control Unit (#7) on the schematic, I noticed that the pins were bent. I tried to straighten them and that did no good. I think the subwoofer is fine, although the holes seem a bit ragged at this point.

That said, I at the every least need a #7. Since this is likely not being made, I am not confident that you would have any stashed away. But I can ask. Short of replacing the entire speaker system, which I would rather not do (I like the speakers that came with it and would rather not remove them) What are my options.

Another option appears to be by passing the sub woofer. There was a thread back in 2012, but it is three years later and I am guessing that the thread is somewhat out of date. Any thoughts out there.

tengo una creative t3030 el cual no tengo el mando de control de volume y quisiera que me ayudaran a conseguir el diagrama de conexiones el pin ps2 los colores del cableado que tipo de potencioimetros usa para hacerle un mando nuevo artesanal

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Volume controls and selector switches soon wear out on Oriental audio products. Then simply replace the defective product since those replacement parts are not available.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
tengo una creative t3030 el cual no tengo el mando de control de volume y quisiera que me ayudaran a conseguir el diagrama de conexiones el pin ps2 los colores del cableado que tipo de potencioimetros usa para hacerle un mando nuevo artesanal
Miguelito:
Escribí en inglés porque este es un foro internacional.

Please use English. This is an international forum.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Some years ago, I purchased a Creative Inspire T3030. For years it has worked fine, but recently I was not getting any sound from it. When I removed the Volume Control Unit (#7) on the schematic, I noticed that the pins were bent. I tried to straighten them and that did no good. I think the subwoofer is fine, although the holes seem a bit ragged at this point.

That said, I at the every least need a #7. Since this is likely not being made, I am not confident that you would have any stashed away. But I can ask. Short of replacing the entire speaker system, which I would rather not do (I like the speakers that came with it and would rather not remove them) What are my options.

Another option appears to be by passing the sub woofer. There was a thread back in 2012, but it is three years later and I am guessing that the thread is somewhat out of date. Any thoughts out there.
I am one of those folks who does not immediately know what a Creative Inspire T3030 is. Nor do I have the circuit drawing in my memory. A bit more description, or perhaps quite a bit more description, would allow some response that is not an uninformed guess. And you can certainly get those asking a question without enough background information.
And if you use google or bing search for a "#7" you will find at least 100 hits of somebody claiming to have it in stock, ready to sell you, and having no idea as to what it may be.
So it seems that there may be a problem with a volume control unit. IF that is a variable resistor, some form is available. BUT the first step is to know what resistance it is. Bent pins is rather nebulous, and ragged holes gives no clue. So you will need to provide a bit more description.