Creative 6600 Volume control repair

enito

Joined Jul 10, 2014
Hi,

After some searchs about the non working of my speakers (worked from like 8 years) , checked transistors, caps, diodes etc..and all fine. I found the trouble, this one is from wired volume control. I found a little piece of metal broken or something, this making no contact in the power area. How i can fix, or found some replacement of this pod?

I attach a photo, with marked red circle of the broken area.

thx!

More photos:

Last edited:

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Looks like the power switch part of the volume pot.

You can run two wires from it, and add a new small SPST toggle switch mounted somewhere else on your speakers. It might look "dodgy" but will be repaired in minutes and be 100% reliable.

Trying to fix or replace that pot will cause time delays and/or reliability issues.

enito

Joined Jul 10, 2014
Hi again, i did a repair of pod, with some little metal for make again the contact now i have power again ;) but now a some strange behaviour happen. Rear channels area works perfect but front area, i have some out of sound (get sound no sound get sound, random) is like bad cable connected or bad speaker. I tested any of speaker connect to Rear area and works perfect, front nope, sometime i get sound sometimes shorts. I opened again the amplifier and dont notify any strange (no bad solder of rca area or something)..what can be the next step for check? thx!!

Last edited: