controling bldc using esc

videh

Joined Nov 23, 2014
when i was trying to control my bldc through esc what i found is, when i touch control wire of esc with my hands my motor produces sound and it starts rotating,
what is this can anyone explain it?????

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
No surprise there. Your body acts as an antenna and picks up all sorts of interfering signals. Also, body capacitance and conductance can load sensitive circuits.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Could it be that the interpretation of brain waves has gotten THAT far?

Alternatively, it is just noise causing something to happen, but I wouldn't depend on it. The start-up sequence is there for safety as much as anything else. You really don't want a propeller on an airplane to start at full speed as soon as you turn the radio switch on or at random times after that.

John

videh

Joined Nov 23, 2014
Hmmm but I am controlling it with microcontroller without any transmitter or receiver at the same time when I touch earth bare foot motor stops but as I isolate my foot from earth it starts.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Hmmm but I am controlling it with microcontroller without any transmitter or receiver at the same time when I touch earth bare foot motor stops but as I isolate my foot from earth it starts.
Earlier on you stated:
actually i don't know how to start movement in bldc, i read some post here and accordingly i applied low signal (0 volt) to the controlling pin in esc and waited for 5 seconds then i applied a pulse of 1 mili second duration with frequency around 5o hertz, i observed beeps, small jerk is also observed in motor but it was unable to move the motor continuously
I am quite confused and unable to understand what you are trying to accomplish. We have advised you that depending on electrical noise is not a good idea. Yet, in Post#25, you seem satisfied with that solution. What is it that your design is now missing?

John