Site Suggestion Context Display Within The Page Being Viewed

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hello there,

For some time now i had been thinking about how difficult it is to figure out what sub forum you are in when reading posts and especially when making a reply. Sometimes we can get this from the "address bar" in the browser but sometimes not.
SO it would be good to have it displayed on top that does not "go away" when you scroll down.
Like right now i can clearly see "Feedback and Suggestions" no problem. But as soon as a scroll down i cant see that anymore.
This would be very helpful in some sub forums like "Homework" where you can see you are reading/writing within the Homework section.

Thanks and take care,
MrAl

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Too bad for you :) :p
It's already there, it just goes away when you scroll down during the first post.
Maybe you could stick your head in the sand and it will go away for good :)
So, you agree that header is there. Your original post acknowledged that but suggested that the site should be modified so the header did not go away with scrolling.
But as soon as a scroll down i cant see that anymore.
Why add such clutter just to cater to those with such short memories?

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
So, you agree that header is there. Your original post acknowledged that but suggested that the site should be modified so the header did not go away with scrolling.

Why add such clutter just to cater to those with such short memories?
Hello again,

If i posted the question there must be a reason for the question. You are suggesting that there is nothing to modify when clearly i would like to see a small mod. I believe it would help readers more than bother them.

With statement #2 you assume too much. Maybe you sit in front of the computer the entire time you are doing a post but i cant always do that. I have to get up for other reasons and when i get back it helps to know where i am. Short memories perhaps, so what, but nonetheless it helps

For another example i added context display to my code editor a long time ago. If you are writing code with the text cursor within a function body say "GetValues()" you see a line on the bottom of the editor that says "GetValues()". With the font height being 18 pixels it takes up a small amount of vertical space and there is already line number etc. there already so that is in the same line.
There could be a similar mod for a forum, and note there is room at the top already and at the BOTTOM too where it has all though share icons.

If you dont like the idea that's your right. I would like to see it though. If it occurs when doing the first post why not for every post, it doesnt take much room either.