Connection options?

mx tommy

Joined Jul 17, 2006
ok, I have a LCD module... Digikey part# 67-1779-ND

And a PCB circuit board... And I need to connect them together with some kind of cable (duh :p) however, I'm at a loss as to what would be the best method? of course, I could solder individual wires to each pad, but this would be messy, and worse, the wires would break if moved around too much... so I'm guessing some kind of ribbon cable, with some kind of connector right? but although I searched for a few hours on Digikey, I couldn't find anything suitible... So I figured maybe someone here has done something like this in the past, and knows the "names" of the parts I need, or even better, a part number :cool:

Thanks for the help, Thomas

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

Ya gotta use soldered wire connections to the display. But you're right about the ribben cable. Look up Digi-Key # M1AXA-1463R. That's a 36" flat cable (rainbow colors) with a 16 pin IDC connector on one end. Use your X-acto knife to cut the cable into strands at the soldered end. Get part # MHS16K for the pcb. That's a 16 pin header that will mate with the connector on the cable.