Confused on DIY light signal

FoxPhire

Joined Feb 23, 2018
I am new to circuits and I want to make a signal light with 3 L22 signal lamps that can be triggered remotely. I have a remote relay with 4 outputs corresponding to 4 buttons on a remote. When I press a button, I want that to turn off the other light that is on and turn on the light I want. Any help will be appreciated!

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
It sounds to me like the essence of what you need is something commonly called a radio button circuit. You'll just be replacing the buttons with the outputs from your remote control receiver. Googling "radio button circuit" should bring up lots of circuits.

I haven't built this, but after looking at a few different ideas, I think this one looks pretty nice:

http://www.simplecircuitdiagram.com/2399-radio-buttons-using-push-on-switch-latching-circuit/
IMG_4598.GIF

Many of the members here have far more experience with logic circuits than I do, so it'll be interesting to see what they think.

FoxPhire

Joined Feb 23, 2018
It sounds to me like the essence of what you need is something commonly called a radio button circuit. You'll just be replacing the buttons with the outputs from your remote control receiver. Googling "radio button circuit" should bring up lots of circuits.

I haven't built this, but after looking at a few different ideas, I think this one looks pretty nice:

http://www.simplecircuitdiagram.com/2399-radio-buttons-using-push-on-switch-latching-circuit/
View attachment 147168

Many of the members here have far more experience with logic circuits than I do, so it'll be interesting to see what they think.
Thanks for this; really helpful!

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
Thanks for this; really helpful!
No problem!

If you want more specific help, we could use some more details. The part number (or better yet, the datasheet) for the remote relays would help a lot. Depending on what the outputs are like, the circuit I linked to may need some adapting or may be pretty complete.

Specs on the L22 signal lamps, as well as what voltages / power supplies you'll have available to the circuit would also be helpful.

Cheers!