complex Number

micro1

Joined Feb 22, 2015
it is my solution true?

Mod Comment: Made pic immediately visable.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
If |A| and |C| were colinear then the difference in their arguments would be 180°.

168.65° - (-71.34°) = 239.99°

Also |B| and |C| do not make the same angle with the real axis.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Ok, having a closer look, you are right.
It is more common to use 16 ∠ 48.66° is stead of 16 ∠ -311.34°

Bertus

PS for me it is 40 years ago I had this stuff.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
@Papabravo, @bertus:

You guys must be mind readers. I see a rough sketch of a graph of 3 vectors, A, B, and C followed by the question "Is my solution true?", but no assertion of which to determine the "truthfulness".

Is it the relationship between A, B, and C that he is inquiring about? Or just, "given A, B, and C, is this a correct graphical representation?" Without such an assertion, the original question is meaningless.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
@Papabravo, @bertus:

You guys must be mind readers. I see a rough sketch of a graph of 3 vectors, A, B, and C followed by the question "Is my solution true?", but no assertion of which to determine the "truthfulness".

Is it the relationship between A, B, and C that he is inquiring about? Or just, "given A, B, and C, is this a correct graphical representation?" Without such an assertion, the original question is meaningless.
You'll get no argument from me on that score. I made an assertion based on my assumptions, and was expecting a meaningful response.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
it is my solution true?

Mod Comment: Made pic immediately visable.
Solution to what?

If you are trying to plot those three vectors, then you have them in the right quadrants, but I would not say that they are close enough to be scored "correct". Is your A vector, as drawn, closer to the real axis or the negative imaginary axis. Which should it be closer to?

Similar question for your B vector.

Your C vector looks close enough to be at least roughly correct.

As already pointed out, your A and C vectors, as drawn, look to be collinear (allowing for the marked curvature in your C vector). Does that make sense?

Also, you need to give an indication of scale. There is no way to tell if your vectors are the correct length because you give no scale on your axes.