Complete Projects

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
With reference to this:
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=63949

I think this was a wonderful idea. (Although I know it has been discussed some time ago...) Now the list might be maintained and updated regularly. This way, projects like ... Oh, it's been deleted. I was thinking of a project called Microcontroller stepper motor, or something like that. Now it's gone, and I think the mods know what project, and why it's gone.

You're doing an excellent job, Bill_M. I appreciate it a lot. Thanks! :)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
No problem, lets use this thread to notify me of changes (I'm sure not everything was filed correctly) and threads that may need cleaned up.

I have been going through the threads. The really old ones may not meet the standards that have been set. We'll live with it, but from now on I will insist on full documentation, hosted locally, as described in the rules.

For years I have wanted a cookbook for AAC. Looks like this is it. Projects I have verified and build will be displayed here, I have several that need just a little cleanup to qualify, most with PCB layouts. I'm sure there will be trolls, there are always are, but I'll keep on top of things while maintaining the friendliness of this forum. Beenthere was much better at this than I, I miss him greatly.

Again, if you think I've misfiled something or think a project deserves a new category this is the place to post it. If a second thread doing this is opened I'll merge it with this one.

Think I ought to put the authors names in the index?

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Think I ought to put the authors names in the index?
Yes, and month/year the submission was made.

But be careful, so the users don't get blind from all the information in the index page.

(I still want dates displayed behind the username, when threads are started. Like we talked about in this thread here.)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Well, I can't put it into columns, and it is basically a text file, but I can do it.

Couple of minor discoveries. Windows has short cuts for cut/copy/paste. They work for editing posts too.

<Ctrl> Z - Undo
<Ctrl> X - Cut and put on clipboard
<Ctrl> C - Copy
<Ctrl> V - Paste

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Looks good Bill. Also the remark about the external site is usefull.
You could switch to the Courier New font to create a monospaced table.

Bertus

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Then I have to do this ...................... to space things out.

I can white ...................... them out, but it adds a lot of extra characters white or not.

I had to split the post once due to too many characters (10000 max).

Let me think about it.

OK, I've added an extra post to play with. VB has some odd ideocracies, it will not line up Courier New unless it puts a <Font> command on each line (which is does automatically). I will only be able to fit a fraction of the info per page due to the character limit with only moderate improvements.

I'll keep playing with it, but I'm going to return the original page to where it was.

Last edited:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

To keep the dates straight you can use the MM/DD/YYYY format.
You can either use a 0 or a space if the month or day is below 10.

Bertus

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Have I got something for you Bill:
Rich (BB code):
[table=NOHEAD][B]Project[/B]|[B]Author[/B]|[B]Submission Date[/B]
[URL="http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=45127"]Halloween decorations[/URL]|tom66|11/3/2010
LED Candle|wayneh|11/8/2011 
Novelty 30 LED star|T.Jackson|11/23/2011
Knight Rider style sweeping light|Fenris|8/23/2009
Swearing Greeting Card|Art|9/16/2007
[/table]
Project | Author | Submission Date Halloween decorations |tom66|11/3/2010
LED Candle|wayneh|11/8/2011
Novelty 30 LED star|T.Jackson|11/23/2011
Knight Rider style sweeping light|Fenris|8/23/2009
Swearing Greeting Card|Art|9/16/2007

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
The tags are just Bold (Ctrl+B) formatting. The URL code is generated from the insert URL button, so you don't have to type all of it.

I 'll see if it can be done without having to re-type all of your tables.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Where they ever restricted?

Another shot, even better. The text was copied from an edit of the original Bill's post:

Art
Project Name | Author | Submission Date Halloween decorations | tom66 |11/3/2010
LED Candle | wayneh |11/8/2011
Novelty 30 LED star | T.Jackson |11/23/2011
Knight Rider style sweeping light | Fenris |8/23/2009
Swearing Greeting Card | Art |9/16/2007

I tried to sort the submissions by date, but it sees the dates as strings, thus the false result. If the dates are formatted as YYYY/MM/DD it will work.

Info taken from here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showpost.php?p=900270&postcount=2

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
OK, I opened your post #15 for editing using my moderator privileges. There is a straight line between each field.

Halloween decorations|tom66|11/3/2010

How do I generate that character?

Right now the topics are sorted alphabetically. I did it by hand .