Communication problem 2 wire

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
It's certainly possible to do but in order to come up with a functional method we really need to know more about what you are trying to accomplish.

Could you describe the problem you are trying to solve so we can help with the solution?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
What is the function of the 24V bus line? What does it power?
Is this an existing installation that is faulty or is this a quest for a new design?

NileshRaval

Joined Apr 21, 2021
What is the function of the 24V bus line? What does it power?
Is this an existing installation that is faulty or is this a quest for a new design?
24 volt DC supply is for supply of micro controller used for communication in slave PCB & for relay drive.
This is new system we are trying to develop
Thanks

NileshRaval

Joined Apr 21, 2021
Ok. You will not be able to send data on the 24V bus line easily.
For 1.5km use wireless.
You mean to say it is not possible.but this system is already available .we made hardware as per requirement but found data loss at time of communication for 1 meter range

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I did not say it is not possible. I said it is not easy.
If you insist on wanting to do this then try increasing the source impedance of the power supply. Then you can modulate the 24V line with a 1-2V signal.

John P

Joined Oct 14, 2008
I am skeptical about whether this can be done. If I'm understanding this correctly, you're talking about a long distance (1.5km) and a large number of units (250) over a single line that also distributes power. It just seems like too much. You say "data loss at time of communication for 1 meter range " and you hope to achieve over a kilometer?