Collected corrections

drteeth

Joined Jun 25, 2005
I decided to create one topic and just post multiple corrections that are needed to the text here. If that is not OK, please let me know. Otherwise, let's get started. =)

Chapter 2.2: First paragraph, first sentence reads, "Ohm’s Law also make intuitive sense if you apply if to the water-and-pipe analogy." Should read, "Ohm's Law also MAKES intuitive sense if you apply IT to the water-and-pipe analogy." Simple typos.

-g

drteeth

Joined Jun 25, 2005
Originally posted by drteeth@Jun 25 2005, 12:45 PM
I decided to create one topic and just post multiple corrections that are needed to the text here. If that is not OK, please let me know. Otherwise, let's get started. =)

Chapter 2.2: First paragraph, first sentence reads, "Ohm’s Law also make intuitive sense if you apply if to the water-and-pipe analogy." Should read, "Ohm's Law also MAKES intuitive sense if you apply IT to the water-and-pipe analogy." Simple typos.

-g
[post=8714]Quoted post[/post]​
Chapter 2.6: First sentence in paragraph reads: "Ohm’s Law is not very useful for analyzing the behavior of components like these where resistance is varies with voltage and current." The "is" does not belong.

-g

drteeth

Joined Jun 25, 2005
Chapter 3.2: Sentence reads, "This is why ”defibrillating” equipment used by emergency medics works: the jolt of current supplied by the defibrillator unit is DC, which halts fibrillation and and gives the heart a chance to recover." One too many "and"s in there.

-g

drteeth

Joined Jun 25, 2005
Chapter 3.5: Sentence reads, "To be safest, you should follow this procedure is checking, using, and then checking your meter...." I assume that the "is" above should be "of".

-g

Dcrunkilton

Joined Jul 31, 2004
Originally posted by line@Jun 28 2005, 03:17 PM
The term "vice-versa" seems to be misspelled throughout the ebook as "visa-versa/verse" (currently I'm in mid-Volume I). I hope this link can help you find most of the occurrences easily:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&biw....com+%22visa%22
[post=8802]Quoted post[/post]​

I have changed to vice versa throughout all the volumes except for volume 5, which did not have any visa-versa. The changes are up at http://www.ibiblio.org/kuphaldt/electricCircuits/. Hopefully comming to allaboutcircuits.com soon. Thankyou, for the help in getting the errors out.