ckt design & program

kaleem

Joined Nov 2, 2007
i want to connect 6-counters ckts to MUX. there out put is decimal numbers obtained using microcontrollers. I need all counts in different columns of respective counters.how to program to controll MUX,output file.Plz help

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
How many digits does each of the six counters have?
Is this implementation using discrete components, or is this a gate array?
Who says you have to use a multiplexer?

chesart1

Joined Jan 23, 2006
What microcontroller are you using? Are you planning to mux the outputs of the counters so one IO port on the microcontroller reads one counter at a time? What tells the microcontroller software that the count of a counter is ready to be processed?

There are many more questions but I think you have enough for now.

John

kaleem

Joined Nov 2, 2007
i made single ckts using ICs and use microcontroller AT89C51, using a program that count pulses. it is connected using MAX232 to PC, where in hyperterminal file getting output in Decimal format. Now i want to connect this type of eight ckts and want to get their output in desired format i.e column wise counts for each counter. Basically a programming problem. plz solve my problem.
kaleem

chesart1

Joined Jan 23, 2006
You need to design the circuit for the other counters before the programmer could modify the program because the programmer needs to know how and when to read the counters.

Are you planning to mux the outputs of the counters so one I/O port on the microcontroller reads one counter at a time? What tells the microcontroller software that a counter is ready to be read?

The programmer also needs to know how to access the display.