Circular saw suppression capacitor

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
As well as help stopping radio interference, the will vastly increase the life of the brushes and commutator be reducing the arcing.

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
As well as help stopping radio interference, the will vastly increase the life of the brushes and commutator be reducing the arcing.
Hi D,
I bought it second hand 20 yeas ago, and it just had new brushes. It has cut tons of wood, and even tiles. So anything to prolong the life of it will be a bonus. I've contacted the site in Bulgaria to see if they post abroad.
I would buy a new one, but having looked inside it, I can see it was made to last. The brushes have a wire clip connection and are set in a brass lines plastic blocks which simply pulls out.
Thanks, C.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
In UK you are obviously running at 230vac I take it, if so the value of the suppressors are sized a bit tight at 250v!
350 or 400 would be a Safer bet, you can get R/C snubbers
Max.

Attachments

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
In UK you are obviously running at 230vac I take it, if so the value of the suppressors are sized a bit tight at 250v!
350 or 400 would be a Safer bet, you can get R/C snubbers
Max.
Hi M,
It appears that snubbers only have one value where the item I posted has two. Also it need to fit in the designed space in the saw handle, will snubbers do this?
C.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
What values are you referring to?
Generally you just need the application type and the voltage of the supply.
One R/C snubber across the motor should be OK, they are only there for motor arc noise suppression.
Many of theses type motors do not have them.
Max.

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
What values are you referring to?
Generally you just need the application type and the voltage of the supply.
One R/C snubber across the motor should be OK, they are only there for motor arc noise suppression.
Many of theses type motors do not have them.
Max.
Hi,
I've just edited post #1. It shows the two values and there is a link to a site with a photo of the actual type.
C.