Circuit analisis, node-voltage supernode

student441

Joined Nov 6, 2021
Hello.
Can someone give m e pointers on how to find the value of vx given that it is inside a supernode(will it be the valueof the voltage inside or the difference of potential between the two nodes?): here's the exercise and what I've done so far attached.
Your time and attention are deeply appreciated.
Thank You.

Attachments

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hello.
Can someone give m e pointers on how to find the value of vx given that it is inside a supernode(will it be the valueof the voltage inside or the difference of potential between the two nodes?): here's the exercise and what I've done so far attached.
Your time and attention are deeply appreciated.
Thank You.
Hello,

Why are you referring to Vx as being "inside" a super node.
A super node is a voltage source shorted out by what i like to call an "anisoelectric short". That is a placing a short across a voltage source that is a short for current but not for voltage.

So i cant see why you refer to Vx as being inside a supernode. You can elaborate here we can then talk more about this.

Variations on that phrase are:
aniselectric short
aniselectronic short

the main point being that when you analyze it for voltage it retains the value of the voltage source but when you analyze (or write an equation) for current it is an actual zero Ohms short. We could look at a more clear example to see how easy this works out.