Choosing between control and embedded

kuannygohcheetatt

Joined Oct 31, 2013
Hi i am a degree student, i am required to choose between inductory control and embedded system. To be frank i have much more interest in inductory control than embedded system which i think its kinda boring. However according to my lecturer, if u take up embedded system , the opportunity of u having a job is much more higher than taking up inductory control subject, i am having conflict here, can somebody help me?

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Hi i am a degree student, i am required to choose between inductory control and embedded system. To be frank i have much more interest in inductory control than embedded system which i think its kinda boring. However according to my lecturer, if u take up embedded system , the opportunity of u having a job is much more higher than taking up inductory control subject, i am having conflict here, can somebody help me?
By inductory control, you did perhaps meant Cybernetics or control engineering:)

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
The company I work for really struggles to find systems engineers, to the point that it runs taster weeks to encourage people to take up the subject and works with universities to run courses.

It's a market, control is not going away, if everyone does embedded then there will be lots of job openings in contro/systems/etc.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Isnt it all the same at the end of the day?
People who tell other people how to push buttons.
Because if everyone would push buttons how they wanted to, we'd get chaos.