CD4019b

Rissy

Joined Nov 23, 2015
...Anyone have any experience of these chips?

Does anyone have an LTSpice model of this chip for simulating?

Rissy

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Thank you. :)

(Very curious how you can just "make" your own so quickly!?)

What do i do with this zip file? (I'll look at what's inside it tonight after work)

Does anyone have any experience of using them for real?

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Thank you. :)

(Very curious how you can just "make" your own so quickly!?)
Its something I learned thru repetition, studying spice, and understanding the tool I use the most...LTspice.
And I'm still learning!;) There are some sharp spice users on this forum.:)

Generally speaking, when someone asks for a model, they need to be specific about what behavior they expect of the model.
Otherwise, the modeler must make some assumptions. For digital chips, I'll usually just model behavior like logic functionality, input/ output voltages, and prop delay but I don't spend a lot of time on it. Like any model, its behavior can be simple or very elaborate, so its up to you to decide if the model is suitable for you simulation needs.

What do i do with this zip file? (I'll look at what's inside it tonight after work)
Create a new folder, place the zip file in the folder and unzip it. Browse to the "CD4019BTest" folder and open the .asc file with LTspice.
Then "run" the simulation, test the model, or whatever else you want to do with it.

The model file will be CD4019B.txt and the symbol file will be CD4019B.asy

Rissy

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Okay thanks :)

I've still not had a chance to do anything with this yet. Too much on my plate with Xmas etc lol!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rissy General Electronics Chat 14