CD 4013A

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I want to practically see the flip flops on it as I have no knowledge about it due that reason I don't know how to connect this with leds
The outputs of CD4013 can't source or sink much current. If you want something on the order of 10-20mA, you need to buffer the outputs.

What do you want the LEDs to do? There are better circuits for blinking LEDs.

Berzin

Joined Dec 17, 2020
The outputs of CD4013 can't source or sink much current. If you want something on the order of 10-20mA, you need to buffer the outputs.

What do you want the LEDs to do? There are better circuits for blinking LEDs.
I just want them to flash or blink with this ic but taking 12 volts dc

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Do you have a datasheet for the part? If yes, it has the answers to your questions. If no, do a google search on "CD4013 datasheet" and download the PDF file.

Berzin

Joined Dec 17, 2020
Actually the thing I am making a circuit of water level sensor with ic uln 2004 which has 6leds but each of my led is handling a process of the machine so my 6th led with the help of ic 555 would be staying awake even when the water tank is empty in order to show that the tank is empty so for this I required 4013 to do its work of flip flops
The 4013 will be in the middle of uln2004 and 555
First uln2004 wil power the led first and then the 555 will power the led only if the tank is empty this means that the 4013 is going to get two input and it has give two outputs on the same led so I need some help on this 4013 as I have no idea of how to make it happen

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You should have told us this in your first post. You need to ignore the CD4013 and go back to the design stage.

You have six LEDs.

LED1
LED2
LED3
LED4
LED5
LED6

You have given us some vague description on LED1 and LED6.
Describe carefully and fully exactly the behaviour that you desire of each and every LED while ignoring what components you were planning on using.

Berzin

Joined Dec 17, 2020
You should have told us this in your first post. You need to ignore the CD4013 and go back to the design stage.

You have six LEDs.

LED1
LED2
LED3
LED4
LED5
LED6

You have given us some vague description on LED1 and LED6.
Describe carefully and fully exactly the behaviour that you desire of each and every LED while ignoring what components you were planning on using.
So goes in this way that
Led 1 is top most and starts the buzzer
Led 5 has the function of restart the whole pcb
Led 6 has the function of shuting the whole pcb when the water is very need to empty + it's needs to stay awake when the whole pcb is off to indicate the water level and the reason for the shut down
As this water tank is connected to the bottom water pump and I don't want the water to reduce to zero or else my water pump will burn out
So what I have thought that I will use uln2004 as the water level senor ic while the led 6 will be connected to ic 555 for its awake process during shut down
But I can't understand or think as how shall I light the led 6 with both ics when need coz the led lights when the uln2004 triggers but can't understand how shall I connect it with ic 555