CapITaLizaTIOn

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Well OK, I'm probably missing the point of your thread.

But you did also say:

I believe those are both incorrect. All caps is much less easy to read. Readers are annoyed and slowed down, and feel as if they are being shouted at. Not cool.

You also said,

which made me laugh out loud.
Its incorrecct if it is just a name or one words. Or do you say, Brand names, airlines, car insignia and so on, should observe proper capitalization?

2.) I've read a lot of rubbish when I was younger, now, I'm neither into reading or writing, but I could, if I wanted to.

OK, it Sega not SEGA? or it could be SeGA

HaRiBo would be correct as its a compound nonsense word indeed it means Hanns Riegel Bonn.

From now on, it must read Haribo on the package, or HaRiBo when applying the capitalization rule just as it is?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Of course you can break the rules if you choose. You will be judged accordingly.
I judge the posts of Takao to be difficult and time consuming because I have to consider all the variations possible in order to be sure I am reading what I think I am seeing. I haven't put him on my ignore list, yet, because he doesn't often post overtly wrong information, but I often enough skip his posts because they require so much more effort to parse.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I judge the posts of Takao to be difficult and time consuming because I have to consider all the variations possible in order to be sure I am reading what I think I am seeing. I haven't put him on my ignore list, yet, because he doesn't often post overtly wrong information, but I often enough skip his posts because they require so much more effort to parse.
I'm mostly looking for opinions about capitalization, not for criticism of my forum behaviour.

Now a new argument: Why are you instructed to use block letters on forms? Simply, for better readability? Because capital letters are more standardtized, while lower case has individual variation (I talk about handwriting here).

I even mentioned "l" "L" problem, more than once.

If you read using all lowercase into that, you dont understand it properly.

Especially lowercase postal codes with "L" dont look good. Waste 15 seconds to look at it carefully?

Not yet at the stage considering savings of ink (these uniball pens from Mitsubishi are considerably expensive and are used up surprisingly fast). For instance leave a small gap in the large "E". Thats another reason to write adjacent letters a little smaller.