Capacitor

Davizuco

Joined Jul 12, 2018
I'm trying to repair an overheated heater gun. I just need to replace two big capacitors that have blown up.

But I'm not sure about it's capacity values, May it be 4.7 uF 400V ?

IMG_20200528_201947.jpg

LGU475K 400MER
Thanks in advance.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
If your viewer can translate the link there are some pertinent leads to finding replacements. "The ideal replacement is an MKP type of 450V or more."

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
You could if you want to wait 6 or more weeks and hope it arrives and is actually on specification. Have you tried DigiKey or any of the other mainline distributors? What type do you have now? Electrolytic as shown in the AliX ad? Or...

Edit: Are you sure it is 8uF? And yes Digikey has it in electrolytic but not polymer as is the original? Or...

Last edited:

Davizuco

Joined Jul 12, 2018
Digikey doesn't have an 8uf 400V either.

Hi @bertus, you are right, 4.7uf 400v looks pretty standard, and can be easily found. But the 8uf 400V can't... may be I'm not making the correct searchs?

I'm looking for MKP or MKT capacitors, 8uF capacitance and 400V or more.

Davizuco

Joined Jul 12, 2018
Tanks.. I thought only MKP and MKT ones worked into this heater gun.

I will take a look again into my local retailers, now looking for "General Purpose DC Film Capacitors" instead of only MKP ones.

The shipping costs from EEUU, makes this heater gun reapair doesn´t worth, but now I can search also this type of capacitors. Thank you again!.