capacitor with small footprint but infinite height with~1uF and 200V

jlawley97

Joined Oct 5, 2019
I am trying to find a surface mount capacitor that is small in the y and x axis that is at least 1uF and 200V or higher. I have PLENTY of room in the z axis but it seems that practically no one makes one that fits this requirements, they all are trying to be thinner which I do not care. I consider smaller than 4532 sufficient for my needs

thank you all.

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
I am trying to find a surface mount capacitor that is small in the y and x axis that is at least 1uF and 200V or higher. I have PLENTY of room in the z axis but it seems that practically no one makes one that fits this requirements, they all are trying to be thinner which I do not care. I consider smaller than 4532 sufficient for my needs

thank you all.
Understand that you may not be able to find a SMT component to handle the energy you want. You might actually have to use a metal film safety capacitor.

jlawley97

Joined Oct 5, 2019
Understand that you may not be able to find a SMT component to handle the energy you want. You might actually have to use a metal film safety capacitor.
yeah i was looking into those but it still is the same issue with footprint because the ones that fit my qualifications generally have a similarly large "keep out area"

jlawley97

Joined Oct 5, 2019
Ok everyone I just thought about it and what is stopping me from taking a symmetric capacitor and simply mounting it sideways?
because what anniel747 just posted literally looks like someone did just that.
thanks