Capacitor to boost voltage

Berzin

Joined Dec 17, 2020
Hi guys actually I am trying to increase the input power of my circuit without increasing the main power. Actually my circuit1 requires main power of 12 volts which it get by a battery of 12 volts but this circuit is in series with other circuit which means output of circuit no 1 is the input of circuit 2 and this circuit 2 requires a power of 18 volts so I am trying to increase the output power of the circuit no 1 by adding few capacitors in the middle but yet I can't get the desired power for the input of the circuit 2 so please help you increase the same

trebla

Joined Jun 29, 2019
main power of 12 volts
Power is measured in Watts, electrical potentials difference is measured in Volts. You can't increase power without adding some energy to your system. For increase the voltage you need some switching boost converter, but you will lose in output current.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I agree with the previous posts. That said, there are DC-DC boost converters available widely online (eBay, Amazon, etc.) that can be programmed to output a regulated 18V while accepting a lower input voltage. You need to pay attention to how much current is required and get one capable of maybe double that, to give yourself a safety factor.

I suspect there may be a simpler solution if you only share your plans here.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
What are the two wires going off the top of the schematic from pins 2 and 6 of IC1 ? Why is the reset pin of IC2 floating when T1 is not conducting ? (I would expect a pull up resistor.) Why is NOT Q1 on IC2 connected to ground ? Why is Q2 and NOT Q2 connected to ground ? (You have correctly connected unused INPUTS to ground.) It looks like your intention is for IC3 to provide a negative voltage on the upper wire marked output but it will not oscillate the way it is connected. The wire from the VCC pin of IC3 is marked both 9 volts and 18 volts. Can you explain this ? Also are you supplying this point with one of these voltages or are you expecting the circuit to generate one of these voltages.
Can you tell us what you WANT the circuit to do in terms of any input signals and in terms of the two outputs in terms of waveforms and voltage levels. Also how much current do you need the two outputs to provide.

Les

Berzin

Joined Dec 17, 2020
What are the two wires going off the top of the schematic from pins 2 and 6 of IC1 ? Why is the reset pin of IC2 floating when T1 is not conducting ? (I would expect a pull up resistor.) Why is NOT Q1 on IC2 connected to ground ? Why is Q2 and NOT Q2 connected to ground ? (You have correctly connected unused INPUTS to ground.) It looks like your intention is for IC3 to provide a negative voltage on the upper wire marked output but it will not oscillate the way it is connected. The wire from the VCC pin of IC3 is marked both 9 volts and 18 volts. Can you explain this ? Also are you supplying this point with one of these voltages or are you expecting the circuit to generate one of these voltages.
Can you tell us what you WANT the circuit to do in terms of any input signals and in terms of the two outputs in terms of waveforms and voltage levels. Also how much current do you need the two outputs to provide.

Les
Thank you very much for showing few mistakes
The two wire from pin 2 and 6 of IC1 are getting inputs from IC ULN2004. The reset pin of the IC2 is connected to the resistor of 10k ohms and then it connects to the T1 { I am sincerely not sure wheather I should place a transistor in this circuit while T1 is BC547 transistor}. The pin 1 Q1 of the IC2 is the main output pin while pin 2 Q1 is ground. My intention is to get negative voltage from the IC3 whereas T2 is giving the output of 9 volts and input required for IC 3 is 18 Volts. The wire connected to VCC pin 8 of the IC3 requires 18 volts but is only getting 9volts and on the place of question mark I want to place a thing which can increase the power from 9 volts to 18 volts

Last edited:

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
T2 does NOT give any output so it can't supply power to IC3.
The absolute maximum voltage rating of an NE555 is 18 volts so it is not sensible to run it at this voltage.
There are so many errors in your design that it would be easier for one of us to design the circuit.
We keep asking for the FULL description of what the overall circuit is required to do but you have still not provided this information.
Unless you provide this information I am giving up on trying to solve your problem.
I can't solve a problem if I don't know what the problem is.

Les.