capacitor identification

kylei

Joined Jun 12, 2019
DSCF8971.JPG DSCF8976.JPG i am repairing a ciruit board from a mastercarver flex shaft tool. can anyone help id the cap? printed on the cap is 224k 630v. i tried to look it up at digi key, but i do not know what the tolerance is or if the 360v is AC or DC.

sagor

Joined Mar 10, 2019
I would say that is a 630V AC rating, 0.22uF Tolerance may not be that critical, since most are +/- 20% or better.
What makes you think that cap is bad? Usually when those go, they get some burn marks...

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
+1 on why do you think that the cap is bad. What are you doing, replacing everything? I ask this, because it is apparent that you have zero knowledge in electronics. And "yes", it is a 220000 pF (0.22uF) capacitor with a voltage rating (AC or DC) of 630V. Tolerance on this part is not critical.

narkeleptk

Joined Mar 11, 2019
With no other visual clues or information provided on your issue. the diodes or that IC there would be much more likely components for failure then those caps.

kylei

Joined Jun 12, 2019
the cap broke off the board. and no i do not know anything about electronics. i do need to know what info to enter in digikeys filters to get the right part. as far as (AC or DC), these are seperate filters on digikey. what would help the most is a part # for the part. i can handle the soldering!