The question asked on my quiz (in the entirety of it's context) -
Consider a capacitor with a voltage v(t) across it and current i(t) through it. Which of the following statement is most correct?
The time-varying voltage v(t) continuous.
The time-varying current i(t) continuous.
Neither i(t) nor v(t) are continuous.
Both i(t) and v(t) are continuous.
None of the above.
I said -
Neither i(t) nor v(t) are continuous.
Apparently the correct answer is -
The time-varying voltage v(t) continuous.
So how can a capacitor have continuous voltage while the current varies?
Am I missing something?
Thanks,
Consider a capacitor with a voltage v(t) across it and current i(t) through it. Which of the following statement is most correct?
The time-varying voltage v(t) continuous.
The time-varying current i(t) continuous.
Neither i(t) nor v(t) are continuous.
Both i(t) and v(t) are continuous.
None of the above.
I said -
Neither i(t) nor v(t) are continuous.
Apparently the correct answer is -
The time-varying voltage v(t) continuous.
So how can a capacitor have continuous voltage while the current varies?
Am I missing something?
Thanks,