Can’t Remember which Sensor goes where...

mberthel

Joined Jun 16, 2020
I took apart an induction cooktop for a project I am working on and took pictures of how everything was connected expect for two things. Attached is a photo with the two ports circled.

B42501E4-A1E2-4F15-918D-7F369A9FF233.jpeg

The two components are a zener diode and fuse. The zener diode is used to measure the temperature which feedbacks to the controller. I believe that the zener diode should plug into the blue circle as it is labeled switch. I am curious to what the thoughts of people are.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Curious. Both zener diode and fuse have just two connections but the two plugs circled have three connections.
Can you show us pictures of the two things that plug in there.

mberthel

Joined Jun 16, 2020
There are three connections on the board but the two components only have two wires.B4259AB3-73C3-4EC4-8324-A0A1D14D245D.jpeg

The blue wire goes to the zener diode and the white goes to the fuse.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I really don't think they would be using a zener as a temperature sensor.
Can you show us the things on the other end of those wires.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
The metal can is a thermal fuse - opens when temperature exceeds some value. It must then be replaced.
I believe the other thing is a thermistor, which changes resistance a lot when the temperature changes, and are often used for measuring temperature.
See https://uk.farnell.com/honeywell/135-102dag-j01/glass-encapsulated-ntc-thermistor/dp/1362823

Now to the original question. I guess (and it a guess!) that the thermal fuse connects to CN8 (as it seems to located near some power components) and the thermistor connects to the other connector (CN9?) as it close to what looks like the controller chip.
Use this information at your own risk.