Cant recognise a Damaged component of switched-mode power supply

Fakher

Joined Feb 23, 2019
20190228_205758.jpg 20190228_205501.jpg
I was repairing an smps ATX power supply I found a damaged component that I could not it recognise. I thought it's a power switch since it was mounted to a heat sink along with tow D13007 NPN power transistors and I could not find the datasheet due to the missing part number after explosion .Can someone with expertise in this type of circuits guess what this could be ?

Fakher

Joined Feb 23, 2019
Thank you very much man it could be nothing than that. It's a power supply aplliances NPN also the manufacturer logo is the same. How did you recognise it ?!

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Thank you very much man it could be nothing than that. It's a power supply aplliances NPN also the manufacturer logo is the same. How did you recognise it ?!
Probably worth finding out why it went bang before starting a destroyed transistor pile on the side of the bench!

Fakher

Joined Feb 23, 2019
@bertus
Thanks admin. That's what I thought can u tell me how did u come to the assumption.I think 2SC3866 is the JIS part numbering of c366s ain't it.

Fakher

Joined Feb 23, 2019
@ian field
Good idea , actually it was me who caused the short circuit when I was troubleshooting the board one strobe of the metrix touched both collector and base of the c3866.not only the transistor went bang in fact, tow rectifier diodes the fuse, ceramic capacitor and zener all got destroyed. Fortunately I found substitutes.