Can someone please help! -Valve and Pump control & timing

Ste663

Joined May 20, 2015
I have a 12v electric ball valve (3 wire) and a 12v 2 wire inflation pump which I am using for a project. I need the ball valve to open then close after 10 seconds and the inflation pump to run for 12 seconds simultaneously. I have managed to achieve this using 2x12v timer switches which I purchased off ebay (link below) . The problem is I need a second button/switch to press that will deflate by opening the ball valve then close it 20 seconds after, I thought this would be achievable by introducing a third timer switch and a simple on/off/on switch, I wired the first two timer switches to the first 'on' then the single timer switch to the second switch but they all seem to interfere with each other and when I want to power the single one they all light up.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-DC-Mu...772?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item487d93317c

Hope someone can please help as I haven't got a clue when it comes to electrics or anything for that matter.

Regards

Ste663

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
A diagram of how you've got these all wired together would be helpful.

My guess is that a few diodes (maybe even just one) would do the trick, but I can't be sure without seeing the layout.

Ste663

Joined May 20, 2015
Thanks for your response, that would definitely make sense...I have a attached a rough drawing of my wiring. Any help on where to put these diodes would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

ebeowulf17

Joined Aug 12, 2014
I may be wrong (would love a double check in case I'm misreading this.)

I think if you add diodes on timers 2 & 3 between the common relay connections and the red wires that feed them, that will stop the looping power you're getting through your nc connections currently.

You'd want to make sure to size the diodes appropriately for voltage and current requirements, and might want to choose ones with low forward voltage (Schottky) so you're not losing any more power than necessary.

Ste663

Joined May 20, 2015
I may be wrong (would love a double check in case I'm misreading this.)

I think if you add diodes on timers 2 & 3 between the common relay connections and the red wires that feed them, that will stop the looping power you're getting through your nc connections currently.

You'd want to make sure to size the diodes appropriately for voltage and current requirements, and might want to choose ones with low forward voltage (Schottky) so you're not losing any more power than necessary.
Thank you. I will order the diodes and give it a try. Thanks again for your time and I'll keep you posted on the outcome!